|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB) is a business unit focusing on commercial segments, spanning across all Microsoft products and services and influencing sales teams world-wide. The WCB Finance team is looking for strong candidates who can work in a results-driven, dynamic environment in a business area with a huge growth opportunity. Candidates would proactively partner with internal customers to drive global impact through maximizing revenue, market share, and profit.
The WCB Business Planning & Analytics Finance team is seeking a Sr Finance Manager to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced (and fun) environment to drive analytics, systems and process around Resource/Industry/Territory and investment optimization. In addition, this role will be the lead for Data Science vision and projects with deep partnership across Engineering, CGA, IDEA’s and LTV.
The role requires a high degree of agility and skill in navigating multipleseniorstakeholder requirements while enabling the accelerated growth aspirations for the business in a highly competitive market environment. To be successful, this individual needs to be highly collaborative and self-motivated to drive execution on resource optimization analytics, systems, and process, in addition to leading multiple Data Science projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as a strategic and trusted advisor to WCB and GSMO leaders to influence business direction, development, and resource/investment models & partner with EG finance to align on metrics/KPIs
- Partner with key stakeholders from WCB, WCB Finance and engineering finance to build a framework to enhance the process and systems with regards to the headcount optimization model.
- improve COS through ROI analysis and reconfiguration of resources which also helps drive FY Planning decisions
- Drive investment decisions cross-company (EG, WCB and GSMO) with senior execs to achieve lower CoS and improved customer experience
- Deliver holistic ROI for deals across a portfolio of investments: ECIF/ACO/Discounting/Programs/headcount/OCP
- Leverage resource/investment optimization work to help drive impact across all segments/industries/territories.
- Participate and contribute to deliverables associated with the finance and business rhythm.
- Partner across the Enterprise, SMC and SMB segment business and finance leaders to ensure alignment across the entire business. Work with the rest of the Deal Economics team to ensure holistic approach to ROI
- Drive collaboration across all Data Science teams and lead vision and projects that will impact overall business health and growth
- Collaborate with manager to identify high impact projects that will drive business success and align to your personal development goals.
- Ability to collaborate and be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organization, and creating effecting partnerships. Ability to achieve results through both individual and cross team efforts, to manage multiple projects at the same time, and to work effectively under deadline constraints.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial modeling and analysis. Problem-solving attitude. Experience in influencing decisions and developing strategic plans. Ability to "think outside the box" and not be hindered by how things have been done in the past.
- Go Getter. Willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic. Self-directed, resourceful, and willing to roll-up sleeves as needed. Proven ability to drive projects and analysis to closure in a collaborative and matrixed environment.
- Expertise in financial planning and analysis, including analysis, reporting, and developing financial models.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple groups, responsive with strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent Excel and Office skills
- BA/BS in Accounting, Statistics, Finance, or related degrees or experiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.