|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across Azure Apps & Infrastructure portfolio, you’ll be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to optimize global Azure VMware Solution (AVS) sales & consumption. Primarily centered on the objective of meeting and exceeding our revenue and scorecard targets for Azure Consumption, this role includes holistically owning the AVS global sales and partner strategy. This entails developing priority enterprise and scale motions with executable go-to-market initiatives coupled with field role design, coverage, capacity, and compensation.
As the Worldwide AVS Sales Strategy Lead, you’ll partner closely with stakeholders including senior leaders in the Product Group, Business Group (BG), One Commercial Partner team, Customer Success, as well as Small, Medium, & Corporate (SMC) business units to shape & execute global AVS sales motions.
- Strategy Development & Evolution: Leverage Microsoft platform and competitive industry knowledge to partner with Engineering, Product Marketing, Services and Partner teams to create a multi-year strategic roadmap of field sales strategy and high value sales motions and customer offerings
- Drive Field Sales Model: Own and land field role design (for AVS Global Black Belts and other supporting roles), blueprints, compensation/incentives, scorecard metrics and targets, and field seller readiness curriculum/collateral
- Lead Change Management Efforts: Develop strategies and landing models to effectively scale existing and introduce new sales model concepts across Microsoft Strategic and Enterprise customer segments and Partner/Channel communities
- Control and Monitor Results: Analyze sales outcome and customer feedback to drive continuous improvement to drive sustainable revenue and consumption growth
- Closed Feedback Loop: Facilitation and delivery of closed feedback loop with key executive sponsors and cross-organizational partners including Engineering, Product Marketing, WW Specialist Team Unit (STU)/Customer Success, Inside Sales, OCP, Services
- Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Field Landing & Readiness: Ensure successful rollout across the world to help land sales initiatives, GTMs, and readiness plans. Includes as appropriate engagement in virtual training, Executive meetings, field readiness events, etc.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- At least 8 years of management consulting experience (or equivalent) and 5+ years of enterprise sales experience for Cloud Infrastructure and VMware technologies
- Prior work experience within a software and/or services company such as VMware, Amazon Web Services, Google a plus
- Strong understanding of the customer segments, industry verticals, and their corresponding sales engines with demonstrated success in driving revenue growth in new business models
- Strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them (with demonstrated results)
- Proven track record of working at senior levels across Microsoft, Partners and/or Customers
- Highly adaptable, and strong collaborator, fierce advocate and influencer
- Strong communication, community and program management skills and experience
- Experience designing, building and executing highly successful global programs and strategy at scale
- Partner management, product marketing and/or field sales experience within Microsoft is a plus
- Autonomous, results driven as well as strong team plays with demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; MS / MBA a plus
Location: Any remote US location with preference towards Redmond, WA area.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.