|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Worldwide Commercial Busines (WCB) is a business unit focusing on commercial segments, spanning across all Microsoft products and services and influencing sales teams worldwide. The WCB Finance team is looking forsomeone to join the team who loves working with data-and using that data to develop business insights thathelpto make great decisions on where we invest.
As a Sr. Finance Manager inthe FY Planning,Analytics and Deal Economics team,you will be responsible forleading our reporting and analyticsworkstreams, partnering with the broader team to develop, refine and enhance data models andinsightfulreporting. A key component of this role isto act astheSMEfor the data that isowned or widely used by theteam.
The successful candidate will be able toproactively partneracross a broad range of stakeholders tohelp identify data and reporting needs,and translatetheseintorelevant, timely and repeatabledeliverables. They will also be able tobalance competing priorities,be a strong communicator across a variety of audiencesand help to drive WW impact through a focus on maximizing revenue, market share and profit.
- Work across finance data sets, systems and tools to help drive holistic analysis oncustomer lifetime value and ROI on investments.
- Develop data models and standard reporting that can be leveraged across WCB finance, Area finance teams and business partners.
- Connect with engineering and BI teams to support identified enhancements and new business initiatives.
- Maintain and enhance existing models/database to ensure data is current & aligned with business logic (SHARK).
- Engage across various teams (CGA, LTV, ABA, WCB finance) to standardize headcount across teams.
- Partner with theCloud & AI Customer Growth Analytics (CGA) team to ensure alignment on model updates & use cases.
- Be a thought leader on data and reporting trends, leveraging best practices across the industry and broader organization.
- Be a trusted advisor on solving challenging business issues with a data and insight driven approach.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships across the WCB finance, Area finance teams and business partners.
Requirements/Qualifications include but are not limited to:
Strong ability to collaborate and comfort in dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organizations and creating effective partnerships. Demonstrated ability to achieve results through both individual and cross-team interactions, managing multiple priorities and comfort in working to deadlines:
- Demonstrated expertise in building PBI and Excel reporting with business-lead modelling and analysis. Experience in working across and connecting disparate data and ‘outside the box’ thinking on new ways of solving business problems.
- Strong knowledge of R and Shiny.
- A structured approach to reporting and data management, leveraging best practices to land sustainable and accurate data and reporting for business decision making.
- Experience in R/Python/Shiny SQL and PowerBI tools.
- Working knowledge of Git and Bash.
- Understanding of VMs / cloud storage.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience working across varied stakeholder groups within and outside of finance.
- Excellent Office Suite skills and advanced Excel.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Statistics, Finance or related degrees.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.