|Job Type:||Full Time|
Developers are the builders of our era, writing the code that powers every application, experience, and digital business we interact with today.
Our Azure X-Apps Marketing Team is working on the Azure Application Developer Program. We create messaging that connects with technical decision makers and developers, author creative hero scalable content, lead keynotes and developer sessions at tier-1 events and build flagship demos to get developers inspired and excited about building end-to-end applications in Azure.
Are you passionate about the future of application development in the cloud era? Are you ready to inspire the crowd, lead the content strategy, and influence the story and technical content for tier-1 event keynotes, hero sessions and online content? Are you ready to partner with multiple teams across Visual Studio, Azure, and GitHub to help announce the next big thing? Are you interested in creating and improving our digital experiences to guide developers to build applications on Azure, create tips & tricks content, e-books, demos, blog posts and help announce exciting news and product releases to millions of developers? If your answer is yes, then this is the job of your dreams!
Join a team of technical product managers that lead end-to-end storytelling, technical content and deep-dive demos for end-to-end application development with Visual Studio, GitHub, Azure, and Power Platform. Join us to help us win the hearts of developers and inspire businesses and enterprise customers to build the apps of the future.
We love to connect with our customers and create learning experiences and resources that help technical decision makers understand the future of cloud application development and developers grow their skills and build any kind of application with their favorite tools and languages, collaborate with the largest developer community on the planet, and release apps in an open and innovative end-to-end cloud platform. We work closely with multiple product engineering teams, our global field and the developer community at large.
- Lead Azure Application Development technical content strategy.
- Work broadly across Azure engineering, marketing teams, global sales and field stakeholders to lead the creation and GTM execution of technical content (blog posts, 300-400 level decks, Azure.com pages, demo assets, training content and videos) for developers interested in building applications in Azure.
- Lead the Azure Developer Guide program and GTM included twice a year updates across product marketing and engineering teams.
- Lead the Azure Tips & Tricks program and GTM included quarterly updates for blogs and video series.
- Lead Azure App Development content strategy and event content v-team for Tier-1 flagship events like Build and Ignite.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Engineering, Cloud Developer Advocates, Microsoft Learn, and Events teams to lead the implementation of hero content and sessions for developers.
- Create event content plans, lead content strategy reviews with executives and create and share event reports with outcomes and key learnings with stakeholders.
- Lead App Dev event announcement hero stories, blog content strategy, and end-to-end App Dev Book of News entries.
- Session lead for 100-300 level keynotes and hero sessions at select tier-1 events (external and internal).
- Broad and on-going executive speaker management, support for keynotes, and general internal and external session content including session messaging and decks.
- Demonstrated experience with developer audience, as well as technical breadth and understanding of E2E application development with Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, GitHub, and Azure is required.
- Passion to proactively and quickly learn new and emerging technologies and ability to explain key end-user scenarios and technical architectures to customers and technical audiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and storytelling skills are required. Public speaking is a plus.
- Experience in leading technical discussions with engineers internally at Microsoft and externally at public forums and conferences.
- Strong project management, leadership, cross-group collaboration skills, and strong executive presence are critical to your success in this position.
- Experience with enterprise customers and building presentations and delivering product demonstrations and speaking at events and conferences is a big plus.
- 3-5 years of technical product marketing / product management and/or technical evangelism experience is preferred.
- A profound sense of ownership and accountability is absolutely required alongside the ability to influence, inspire large and sometimes skeptical audiences.
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Business Management, Computer Science, or some related discipline is preferred.
- In FY21, our events our online. However in the future some travel to select tier 1 events is required.
- Vendor and budget management is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.