|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions.
Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission. As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud AI & Advanced Systems Engineering (CAASE) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Principal Hardware Engineer to join the team.
#CAASE #AZURE #Cloud
- Responsible for hardware systems development of custom silicon systems
- Work with internal cross function team members, such as system architects, firmware engineers’ mechanical engineers, thermal engineers, and reliability engineers to develop requirements and specification for in-house or ODM/OEM projects
- Design and validate End to End hardware systems including rack, power, and interconnect.
- Work with industry partners and researchers to innovate and shape future technologies.
- Direct efforts with ODM/OEM partners to design and test hardware solutions.
- Collaborate with manufacture engineering team and partners to ensure product quality.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure integration and functionality of system solutions.
- Conduct failure analysis and root cause analysis of electrical and system bugs
- Collaborate with partners to ensure systems meet significant quality, reliability, and service level requirements for a cloud environment.
- BS / MS Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience in electrical or system level design across all stages of the development and release cycles
- Proficient at Cadence EDA tools (schematic and layout)
- Experience with high speed analog and digital circuit design
- Hands on experience in prototyping and validating proof of concept PCB design.
- Experience developing hardware component and system level specifications.
- Experience developing hardware verification and functional test plans.
- Experience working across disciplines and organizations to resolve complex issues.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Fundamental knowledge of the following HW design principals: Signal Integrity, Power Design, Computer Architecture
- Working knowledge of mechanical and thermal system design considerations
- Experience with Industry Safety Standards (UL)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.