|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Windows Server team is looking for an experienced developer to build features and solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI (http://aka.ms/azurestackhci) customers. Are you looking for a challenging, fun and fast-moving work environment? Join our team!
Microsoft makes the most widely used server operating system in the world, with 75% market share running on tens of millions of nodes. IT organizations around the world, from big-name enterprise datacenters to small shops, rely on Windows Server to keep their business running. This is no small task! Are you up for the challenge?
You will be designing and building products & solutions in Windows Server and Azure, specifically solutions for in the Azure Stack HCI space. You will be responsible for developing, testing, and shipping new features. This includes:
- Engineering new features
- Optimizing performance, rapidly solving problems, fixing bugs, and compatibility issues
- Writing tests and/or detailing test plans
- Collaborating with other teams with-in the operating system and Azure teams as well as partners with-in and outside Microsoft.
- 3+ years of professional experience programming in C#, C++ or other object-oriented programming languages.
- 3+ years of professional experience developing scalable, reliable cloud services.
- Strong design, coding, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science/engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Passion for customers and focus on delivering delightful customer experiences
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively collaborate across teams and ship production features in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in developing cloud services.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.