|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Hardware Architecture organization is responsible for defining the architectural vision for Azure hardware infrastructure, driving the architectural roadmap, developing proof-of-concepts for new designs, and working with other organizations inside Azure’s Hardware System and Infrastructure to transition concepts to productization.
We are looking for a Principal Program Manager to lead a dedicated PM team set to deliver cutting-edge, HW and silicon solutions that can perform complex and high-performance functions in the most efficient manner for a wide range of workloads. We continually strive to balance architectural choices to optimize performance, power, TCO and time to deploy in Azure datacenters. We are seeking an outstanding technology leader to drive clarity in our programs through strong collaboration and by applying a growth mindset to learn and adapt in a complex and dynamic environment. Our extended team is highly technical and experienced at enabling the world’s computer with the most advanced hardware systems and infrastructure possible.
- Develop and implement multi-year program plans for exciting hardware and silicon architecture and technology development projects.
- Provide coaching, leadership, and engineering process expertise for a highly technical program management team.
- Work closely with hardware and software development leads, architects, program managers, business development, legal and other relevant Microsoft teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate with executives and technology leaders inside and outside of Microsoft.
- Provide technical leadership with respect and integrity.
- B.S. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- 2+ year’s experience with cloud product or services development and integration
- 10+ years of program management experience with a proven track record of delivering large, complex, cross-team technical projects.
- Skilled in partnering and influencing computer architects, hardware design engineers and executives.
- Advanced degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a passion about learning and deploying new technologies.
- Exposure to, or experience with large-scale distributed systems, datacenter infrastructure, and cloud services engineering
- Experience managing complex partner engagement and leading engineering collaborations.
- Experience managing a team preferred.
Microsoft is a highly innovative company that collaborates across disciplines to produce cutting edge cloud technology that changes our world. Microsoft Azure provides customers with on-demand and infinitely scalable infrastructure and platform for customers to build, host, and scale services through Microsoft’s global data centers. Azure’s cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and Azure Hardware Systems and Infrastructure (AHSI) is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.