|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? A startup like team relentlessly focused on customer needs, making Azure industry vertical aware? Then look no further than the Azure Global Team!
Azure is the fastest-growing business in Microsoft’s history and is the foundation of Microsoft’s commercial Cloud Services. To help customers achieve their goals, Azure Global Commercial Industry Team is investing in building industry specific technology across major industries like Retail and Consumer Goods, Logistics, Oil and Gas, Financial Services, etc. As we drive to be the leading cloud platform in the world, we are hiring an exceptional PM to help drive our hyper-scale business forward globally.
In this role, you will work with the Azure global engineering team to build capabilities especially focused on data & analytics platform that better align our services to industry verticals. You will also engage with Microsoft’s customers and partners to deploy these capabilities. You will translate their challenges into viable cloud architectures that will transform their businesses and ultimately transform the industry. The role calls for someone especially adept at conceptualizing complex ideas quickly and conveying those thoughts to others in a clear, effective and motivating manner, whether to a room of engineers or C-level executives. The ideal candidate will deep experience in one or more of the core industries Microsoft supports (such as retail) as well as expertise in cloud development and data & analytics workloads with demonstrated success in taking businesses into the cloud.
The ideal candidate will exhibit breadth and depth in technology knowledge, with responsibility to both customers & partners and internal engineering & architect teams for driving depth in engagement and long-term impact of our approach and solution.
- Have experience in building and shipping cloud services
- Are experienced in successfully engaging with customers in adopting new platform technologies
- Ability to work with engineering teams to design and deliver retail capabilities including big data & analytics
- Will drive customer feedback and requirements back into our product groups, effectively advocating in order to push our platform forward with creation of new features, products and hardware, enabling customers to achieve more in our cloud.
- Have an execution focused mindset, ability to roll up your sleeves, working with various engineering, marketing, finance, legal, operations, and field teams to drive top customer success and turn those learnings into scalable programs.
- Own executive engagement with both the customer and Microsoft, ensuring that issues and risks of all types are proactively addressed and communicated across the partnership. Also drives the rhythm of business activities within the team and across the org to ensure end-to-end success for both Microsoft and our customers.
- 5+ years’ experience in product or program management
- Experience in shipping complex, strategic, business critical workloads on a cloud solution provider, with a deep understanding of the pre-requisites, necessary steps and support required to make a customer/successful on every step of the journey.
- Experience working with top tier customers C suite and across the customer and Microsoft internal stakeholder landscape.
- A structural, repeatable approach in solving complex problems, can communicate to senior decision makers in a clear, compelling way, and drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements, scenarios into products and services, ability to deliver results in an environment of ambiguity.
- Stellar cross group collaboration, able to drive decisive action in partnership with others in a large organization and deliver results that depend on other divisions and external partners.
- Excellent communication skills, strong leadership and influencing skills. Ability to work independently in highly ambiguous environments, with both technical and business groups internally and externally.
- Deep understanding of the data domains/systems of one or more of Microsoft’s prioritized industries (e.g. retail, consumer goods, oil and gas, financial services, healthcare, manufacturing, etc.)
- Experience in building and designing cloud-based architectures including big data analytics and machine learning
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent industry experience
- Strong track record of delivering services and/or shipping products
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.