|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Critical Environment Program Manager (CEPM), you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Be at the forefront of the action in CO+Ias part of our global datacenter operations.
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful Critical Environment Program Manager (CEPM), your performance objectives will include:
- Empower a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of datacenter activities
- Establish and enhance strong working relationships with customers
- Oversee the day-to-day operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment in a datacenter
- Ensure that electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the datacenter is operating at peak efficiency
- Ensure compliance with infrastructure operations standardization
- Act as an escalation point for all facilities-related issues within the datacenter, escalating to the Data Operations Manager as needed
- Management of small-to-medium projects from conception to completion
- Ensure routine reporting for critical infrastructure
- Driving cost/energy efficiency projects
- Identifying single points-of-failure at regional datacenter locations
- Coordinate, plan, schedule, and supervise CE audits and compliance verifications
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in a datacenter or other critical environment
- Experience working with the operation of building cooling, electrical, mechanical, and life safety systems
- Experience with Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS), Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM), Building Automation Systems (BAS), and Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
PreferredSkills and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in applicable engineering field or mechanical or electrical trades
- 3+ Years’ experience working on large scale projects.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) or similarcertification
- Experience with physical IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.).
- Experience with program level finances and Quality Assurance.
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.