|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Teams is the fastest growing app in Microsoft history and core to Microsoft's vision for intelligent communication and collaboration. We have become THE hub for teamwork in Microsoft 365 for hundreds of thousands of organizations and 75M+ daily active users across the globe. Our culture is inclusive, casual and high energy, our team members come from diverse backgrounds and grounded in our customer needs.
As a senior engineer in teams and channels area of the product, you will work on creating true boundary less collaboration spaces at scale and integrate with other products and services at Microsoft to help our customers be most productive while using Teams and other Microsoft 365 services. Our core challenges include covering user needs to enable everyone to effectively collaborate with others in many diverse cohorts large or small with high reliability while simultaneously operating world-wide at enormous scale. This role will provide you with an opportunity to work with teams and technologies across the company and beyond. If you want to work on full stack technologies in a startup-like environment with the desire to move fast, this may be the team for you.
- Define well thought out design patterns and code with an emphasis on quality, simplicity, maintainability, and performance. Have good understanding of distributed technologies.
- Assimilate diverse opinions (from other engineers, PMs, designers, leadership) and create solutions that work for the customer as well as the organization.
- Communicate effectively and partner with other disciplines of the project team to deliver high quality solutions from envisioning to deployment to live site availability.
- Product vision and ability to plan + design various features in stages to reach the end goal in an evolutionary way is critical.
- 6+ years of experience in software development building cloud services, web applications, or related field.
- A degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated technical ability. Has prior experience building large scale services to solve hard technical problems practically.
- Good problem solving & debugging skills.
- Coding and development skills with experience in C#, Java or C++ paired with Azure, AWS or any other cloud platform.
- Experience with unit-test, continuous integration and test-driven development.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.