Last updated 4 minutes ago
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
Ready to help unleash the power of teams across the globe?
Atlassian is hiring a Lead Product Designer to work on experiences for one of the most critical roles on any team, the administrator. The number of products Atlassian offers is growing, and admins have to securely setup these product environments, review usage trends, manage risks, and update their teams when things change. It’s a complex job that crosses multiple areas. Making administration easier has the downstream effect of making everyone’s job easier.
In This Role You'll Get To:
- Be instrumental in defining design direction the Cloud Enterprise Admin group as part of the Access & Security team, whose focus is to make it easier for admins to manage user access and security – from small businesses to our largest enterprise customers.
- Work on a tight-knit team alongside product managers and engineers, involved in the end-to-end design process from research and ideation to implementation and iteration.
- Collaborate with designers on your team, and across the company, to build a vision, define principles and UI patterns, and expand/enhance the administration experience.
- Influence the user experience of products used by millions of people as they do critical work (at organizations like NASA, Square, SpaceX, Disney, Spotify, Airbnb, to name a few).
On Your First Day, We'll Expect You To Have:
- 6+ years of professional UX/product design experience
- Ability to develop breakthrough thinking in resolving broad product and user challenges
- Experience working on unique design challenges requiring creative paths and new methods to achieve resolution
- A prowess for guiding diverse perspectives toward major decisions
- Experience with conducting and applying customer research, including design thinking, prototyping, and conceptual modeling
- Ability to define projects and measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, continuously incorporate feedback, and refine and prioritizes to solve right problem
- A desire to help the team grow and improve with mentorship and training
- It'd be great, but it's not required, if you have: Experience with SaaS or cloud enterprise applications
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study
More About Our Team
- Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.