|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you have a strong inventive spirit? Are you passionate about research and making it a reality through product development? Do you want to create something the world has never seen, yet people cannot live without? Are you excited about straddling the line between research and engineering?
Join the Applied Sciences Group and help create the future of Microsoft’s hardware and software businesses. For this opening, we are looking for an DSP Software Engineer. The candidate must have demonstrable experience implementing algorithms for real-time signal processing. He or she will work with a multi-interdisciplinary team in applied research and product incubation, with the goal of creating the next generation of devices and user experiences.
- Deep experience
- C and C++ software development
- Algorithm development and analysis
- Real-time processing with architecture-specific optimizations for CPUs, GPUs or DSPs
- Understanding of silicon architecture and how high-level language primitives relate to data bandwidth, processing latency and instruction set
- Fundamentals of signal processing theory (e.g., discrete time signal processing, frequency domain processing, linear filters)
- Fundamentals of matrix linear algebra (e.g., vector spaces, linear systems, matrix decompositions)
- Highly desired experience in one or more of the following
- C++ development for Windows
- Embedded software/firmware development
- Prototyping in MATLAB or Python
- Audio DSP algorithm design from first principles
- Audio DSP algorithms (e.g., beamforming, sound source localization, echo cancellation, noise reduction, blind source separation, spatial audio)
- A strong drive to experiment, prototype and improve.
- The ability to clearly communicate what work you have done, why it was important, and how it was different from other projects.
- Creativity coming up with ideas and clever solutions to problems, as well as turning around and building them.
- Ability to work in ambiguous uncharted areas and having the experience, creativity and technical depth to identify technical gaps, acquire missing information, align requirements and pick the right direction.
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field. Exceptional candidates with a proven track record of innovation will be considered irrespective of education history.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.