|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
This role can be located in Charlotte, NC; Fargo, ND; Las Colinas, TX or Issaquah, WA
Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more? Do you want to join an elite and distinguished team? Are you an enthusiastic, positive individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is passionate about driving continuous business improvement? If so, keep reading…
Our Customer Services and Support (CSS) organization is on the front lines with our customers - Consumer and Enterprise - helping them get the most from their technology investments. CSS serves Microsoft customers in 191 countries and 46 languages, providing best-in-class support for platforms and productivity services. We are transforming the way we support our customers, and we want you to be a part of it!
CSS is a dynamic large global organization that delivers great customer experiences across all Microsoft products every day. We aspire to deliver seamless experiences with quality, speed and value by building self-healing into our products and services to prevent and automate issue resolution before customers experience a problem. We enable our transformation with telemetry, tools, readiness and business intelligence to drive successful outcomes for our customers. We know our customers and anticipate their needs across every stage of the lifecycle.
The Resource Strategy and Planning organization is looking for experienced highly motivated Resource Manager to focus on our Strategic Business Units (SBU) E2E resourcing and workforce strategy, planning, and management. This role will work directly with the SBU leaders in CSS providing ongoing strategic insight as well as efficient planning and execution of SBU resourcing needs. The Resource Manager is a trusted advisor to global delivery leaders as well as a member of there virtual teams insuring constant understanding and business needs alignment. This role is ultimately responsible for formulating and implementing our resource strategies across CSS.
Persons in this role must demonstrate and maintain strong domain expertise within the relevant SBU/LOB, Strong business and strategic acumen, and the ability to formulate and execute a detailed plan to meet business goals /needs. In addition, the ability to be flexible and take on challenges outside of current knowledge and skill sets to meet SBU evolution will be critical to achieving success.
- Own and manage strategic projects and initiatives targeted towards evolving Resource planning, governance, processes and workflows
- Develop and manage effective ROBs with business, functional team partners & RM teams
- Create and maintain channels of communication and collaboration between the RM team and other RSVP functional or delivery teams within Ops/RSVP/SBUs
- Accountable for Resource Strategy formulation, Resource planning, and Capacity management.
- Work with SBU/LOB leaders to collect staffing supply requirements based on workload demand in respective LOBs to ensure short and long term business objectives are met.
- Develop Resource Strategy that blends both SBU and CSS level principles to achieve business outcomes and the best customer experience
- Own and deliver an end to end multi-year resource plan for key SBU’s
- Demonstrate, maintain, and broaden domain expertise as both an LOB subject matter expert (SME) and across the broad CSS resourcing strategy.
- Drive consistent streamlining and efficient planning processes
- Influence the development of models and methodologies to solve capacity estimation requirements, translate the same into Planning platform solution design
- Provide Capacity related insights to the business stakeholders and drive initiatives towards building and maintaining a skilled workforce
- Partner with Global Talent Acquisition to prioritize, streamline, and ensure support for staffing activities.
- 6+ years of Business Leadership Experience; self-motivated, confident working at a Senior Level and comfortable working in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or experience commensurate with job expectations.
- Relevant progressive work experience applying analytical methods to business problems, driving improved decision-making and outcomes
- Extensive experience driving business process improvements or in program management related to Resource Management
- Demonstrated experience in/understanding of how technical needs of delivery organizations translate to skills needed, and of Blueprint and Resourcing Models/Requirements of Delivery organizations.
- Ability to create effective relationships, listen, communicate, influence, and collaborate cross-team at all organizational levels
- Ability to manage ambiguity in an evolving and dynamic environment and the ability to challenge stakeholder requirements and drive good trade off decisions
- Preferred knowledge of Anaplan platform (or similar tools) including models and plan development/management
- Up to 25% travel, both domestically and internationally
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.