|Location:||San Diego, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
As an Account Delivery Executive (ADE) you will be the strategic partner for both the consulting team and the customer that brings Microsoft's own professional services teams to deliver and support digital transformation solutions for our customers. As the Microsoft’s commercial business evolves from selling and building individual products to becoming the strategic digital transformation platform and partner of choice, you will lead Microsoft Consulting Services teams in the delivery of those solutions and be a key part of our customer's success.
The Account Delivery Executive (ADE) is responsible for the overall customer experience of Services accounts, by identifying customer needs and managing the delivery services (consulting and premier) to exceed their expectations. The ADE manages a virtual team of delivery resources (Consulting and Premier) and oversees monitoring of key performance indicators to ensure a healthy and growing business within assigned accounts. Embodying the One Microsoft spirit, the ADE teams with Sales, Operations and Resource Management roles to execute a winning strategy with positive outcomes for customers, partners, our employees and our business.
Business Value & Relationship Management - End to End Business Approach:
- Influences and manages customer expectations, based on an end to end Sales - Delivery - Support life cycle for a portfolio of engagements within an account, programs and current Services Delivery Plans (SDP)
- Investigates customers’ long-term mission objectives and anticipates future technical needs and lead the workstreams to bring customer to that future state
- Recommends, delivers and supports technologies and services that meet current needs, and evolves strategies to adapt to future needs.
- Leads conversations with senior customer contacts to optimize business outcomes for the customer and Microsoft.
- Recommends innovative ways to realize mission objectives.
- Regularly discussed customer concerns about how the service is/will be delivered, and adapted behavior accordingly, which resulted in customer agreement that conditions of satisfaction (COS) had been met
- Identify opportunities for new Services delivery through existing delivery and relationships developed in additional functional orgs or business units. Leverages the team to drive opportunity management.
- Maps Microsoft solutions and strategies to the customer environment and drives a strategic development and delivery plan to provide the highest value to the customer
- Accountable for whole end to end delivery strategy that positively impacts business growth working with their Services Executive(s) to execute a sales, delivery, support and business development strategy to meet customer / market demand
Contract Initiation & Governance:
- Drive clarity and customer understanding in ensuring the creation of contracting documents necessary to proceed with delivery of services.
- Conduct all delivery Initiation Process Specified on Services Delivery Methodology and Premier Services Delivery Methodology.
Delivery & Resource Management:
- Manage services delivery, meeting requirements profitably and within policy to match customer demand and/or contract expectations.
- Defines the standards for effectiveness and quality of delivery.
- Prepare resource planning for delivery including (Consultants, Architects, Global Delivery, Partners, PFE's, and other delivery resources like DSEs, Enterprise Architects, etc.).
- Forecast/pipeline/availability when scheduling delivery of proactive services, which resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Manage Account delivery resources to match customer demand and engagement and/or contract expectations.
- Support, coach and enable team to drive delivery excellence through customer satisfaction activities (conditions of satisfaction) and behavior.
- Communicate Microsoft vision, drive account strategy and commitments.
- Acts as a role model and encourages continuous personnel and organizational improvement.
- Mentor other roles
5+ years managing complex IT projects
5+ years working with Department of Defense System integrators
5+ years working with Department of Defense
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.