|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Corporate Finance BI Team (FBI) plays an important role in empowering finance teams to improve productivity through centrally managed and delivered information with standardized views, hierarchies, business rules, metrics and solutions.
If you are a finance professional interested in delivering integrated, cutting edge financial reporting and business intelligence via SharePoint, Power BI and Azure, FBIS is looking for a Process Manager to drive the future of US GAAP and local statutory reporting.
The Finance Business Intelligence Process Manager for US GAAP and Local Statutory will be responsible for the following:
Planning & Prioritization:
- Partner with Corporate Accounting, Operations Finance and Accounting Operations on requirements for US GAAP and local statutory reporting including end to end delivery of reports and business intelligence and reporting solutions.
- Work closely with business partners and team members to prioritize, define, develop, and deploy new features for business intelligence and reporting solutions.
Reporting & Business Intelligence Delivery:
- Single point of contact for FBI work intake across business groups
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships of service delivery and requirements gathering
- Leads negotiation with the business for signoff of Scope & Delivery Schedule, and User Acceptance criteria
- Demonstrate prototypes and solutions to executive stakeholders and finance team members.
- Apply project management skills to plan, manage scope and proactively identify and resolve issues.
- Establish communication with proper escalation channels to provide timely, consistent, audience-appropriate information across stakeholders.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of reports through interaction with end users to understand and define requirements and adherence to governance standards and practices.
Core job qualifications for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree in finance, information management or related discipline and project/program management and 10+ years of hands on finance experience.
- Business Intelligence professional, Certified Public Accountant and/or master’s degree preferred.
- Business Acumen: Experience with Financial Statements and Finance processes including knowledge of reporting systems with source data including MS Sales and Mercury
- Enabling Others: Find ways to accomplish more by enabling others. Use an inclusive approach to stakeholder engagement, teamwork, and problem-solving by welcoming diverse points of view, leveraging the talent of others, and searching for new, holistic solutions.
- Process Excellence: The ability to build frameworks that guide consistent decision making and allocation of resources which is a critically important element of prioritization.
- Building Customer and Partner Relationships: Experienced in establishing and maturing relationships across multiple teams.
- Confidence: Take ownership of challenging situations that require engagement with Director/Sr. Director/GM stakeholders. Engage stakeholders to drive positive outcomes.
- Collaboration: Take ownership and develop relationships with peers, delivery partners, and stakeholders that facilitates a “we-team” culture for shared business outcomes.
- Interpersonal Awareness: The ability to understand people from various points of view and perspectives.
- Influencing for Impact: Strong negotiation, consensus and team building skills.
- Strategic Insight: The ability to understand the broader business and information strategies, priorities, issues and opportunities.
- Technical Skills/Excellence: Experience with Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing requirements and modeling lifecycle. Understanding of the Microsoft BI stack including Power BI.
Business Acumen: Experience with Finance processes and solutions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.