|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about data, analytics, and machine learning? Do you have a desire to mature business insights and customer analytics into a competitive differentiator to support business growth and decision making?
The Developer Relations team is looking for an experienced Data & Applied Scientist that questions prior assumptions and proactively seeks innovative solutions to complex business problems. The ideal candidate will have deep technical depth and experience leveraging statistics, data analysis, data science and visualization to drive business insights that lead to action and successful business outcomes.
- Partner with stakeholders to define and execute the critical insights required to make informed business decisions
- Be a hands-on technical lead who can own, drive, and develop insights from conception to release
- Act as a catalyst for insights innovation, aligned to both tactical and strategic business insights efforts
- Oversee the design of the data and technical architecture that ensures integrity and accuracy of data
- Lead the next generation of analytics experiences as a self-serve capability
- Design, build, and maintain all business reporting and dashboards
- Drive customer and business insights with focus and speed to enable the business to make timely business decisions
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from various sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Management information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar field
- 5 years of hands-on experience with data science and analytics
- Experience working with large distributed data sets to derive actional insight
- Advanced skills in big data programming language
- Advanced skills and experience in PowerBI, PowerApps, Kusto, R and/or Python
- Interpersonal communication and ability to leverage the data to tell a story
- Collaboration and program management skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.