|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the forefront of innovating the latest hardware designs to propel Microsoft’s cloud growth? Are you seeking a unique career opportunity that combines both technical capabilities, cross team collaboration, with business insight and strategy? Join our Hardware Strategy and Planning team (HSP) within Microsoft’s Azure Hardware Systems & Infrastructure organization and be a part of the world’s fastest growing cloud service! As a New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Manager, you will lead development and operationalization efforts for our newest cloud hardware platforms and services. You will have the opportunity to build cross-team partnerships to transform new hardware concepts to into the final, scalable solution to be introduced to Microsoft’s Cloud (‘Concept to Live’).
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new hardware infrastructure on time, with high quality and in high volume is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal HSP is looking for dynamic, highly motivated Program Managers to lead complex new server hardware product introductions through our Hardware Life Cycle Management Process. Our primary objective is to get engineering teams, operationsteamsand supply chain partners to effectively plan, produce, and ramp to volume production. For this role we seek an experienced Technical Program Manager who is an industry professional and can distill the needs of our internal business partners, then coordinate activities of engineering, supply chain and product group representatives to ensure those requirements are met.
NPI Program Management lead for specific cloud hardware programs – responsible for overall program Plan of Record (POR) planning and strategy, from concept through high volume production. The single voice of the program all the way through product delivery (Planning and Execution) to achieve business objectives and goals.
- Lead a virtual team of functional leads including members from software and hardware engineering, supply chain, networking and datacenter operations for documenting a clear Plan-of-Record (POR) and leading the team to a successful first pilot live followed by stable NPI and mass production.
- Have an in-depth understanding of the product technical requirements, milestones, deliverables and interdependencies for establishing an accurate and effective project infrastructure.
- Leverage experience and engineering skills to solve problems, fill gaps and achieve objectives through a cross functional team.
- Responsible for effective communication and escalation of risks and dependencies while ensuring timely decisions are being made.
- Scopes technical and business problems and processes by identifying key issues, inputs, stakeholders, and outcomes.
- Be comfortable interacting with senior management, highlighting risks across functional teams and providing recommendations to support product level decisions
- Operate effectively in ambiguity. Apply process where it creates value, and design process where it’s needed. Recognize the situations where each approach is most appropriate.
- Ensuring cross functional alignment: generating clarity, tracking towards release milestones and overall readiness for all new Data Center infrastructure deployments.
- Use program management tools and communication methods to ensure common understanding of program plan of record to stakeholders
- BSE in Electrical/ Mechanical/ Computer Engineering, or associated engineering fields—and/or commiserate technical training or equivalent industry experience.
- 2 years industry experience in handling NPI programs or products
- Have 3 plus years of program management experience ( Techncial/ Non technical)
- Experience working in Cloud, Hardware, Networking, and/or Supply Chain preferred
- Well-versed in program management fundamentals including presentation and executive communication; ability to build relationship and influence in a matrix organization; managing cross team deliverables including program costs, schedules, risks and issues mitigation.
- Understanding and passion for program management and product release methodologies.
- Proven capabilities to drive positive business results across an extended program team.
- Knowledge of server technology and associated commodities is a plus but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.