|Location:||Maple Plain, Minnesota|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Medical is a global leader in highly engineered solutions for the medical device market. The business is organized into a product focused structure: Metals, Devices and Interconnect products and is a major supplier to all tier 1 medical OEMs. TE Medical has its own global direct sales force as well as a global manufacturing footprint of 15 facilities with in excess of $700 million in revenue and a significant presence in key high growth medical markets through its broad technology portfolio (Catheters, Delivery Systems, Guidewires, Access Devices, Connectors, Cable Assemblies and Medical Tubing). TE Medical is the leader in its market.
We are looking for a Product Manager to lead the growth strategy for our expanding Medical tubing product portfolio. This position is responsible for developing product line business plans including; go-to-market strategies, marketing plans, pricing strategies and new product leadership. Other aspects of the role include developing key customer relationships, revenue forecasting, understanding global capacity and identifying new technologies necessary to grow TE Medical’s business. This role will work hand and hand with Sales, Engineering, Operations and Finance, as well as act as being a trusted advisor to the executive team. This position reports to the head of our Tubing Group.
Market Identification (Where to Play)
- Identify high growth opportunities and market (TAM/PAM) expansion opportunities in relevant product space to leverage our technology platforms and enable above market revenue growth
- Develop a broad and deep knowledge of the dynamics of the relevant market, including:
- Develop a model of market size and segmentation, including identification of sub-segments to target
- Define/develop/own the process to continuously evaluate new market opportunities
Business Plans (How to Win)
- Develop strategies and roadmaps for relevant products and communicate both internally and externally to key customer base
- Work with the sales organization to identify key customers and develop customer penetration plans
- Develop training and collateral plans to support sales initiatives
- Develop pricing and margin guidance to maintain market competitiveness and ensure product profitability
- Define “success metrics” in terms of revenue, margin and market share
Executing the plan to win
- Review new sales leads and engineering projects to ensure a robust funnel that aligns with your business plan and priorities.
- Support the ongoing revenue forecasting process for these products to accomplish revenue and margin targets.
- Support capacity analysis and make recommendations for future capacity sizing and location
- Work with Marketing to develop and deliver training and marketing collateral to ensure sales team are aligned with product strategy targeting appropriate opportunities.
- Drive long term profitable growth of product portfolio
Ideal candidate profile - Experience
Success in the role requires strong business acumen and strategic mindset, exceptional communication and presentation skills, ability to work seamlessly with leaders at multiple levels, and the skills and tenacity to achieve results without formal authority. In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Science or Engineering from a leading institution is required.
- 5+ years’ experience in engineering, project management, production management or equivalent
- Healthcare or medical device experience required; endoscopy or endoscopic imaging experience a plus.
- Solid financial acumen – able to identify and articulate the value-creation drivers and advocate for the right bets and trade-offs in managing a complex business portfolio
- Communication skills to effectively and constructively challenge, influence and guide colleagues, senior leaders and experts in the organization
- Willingness to travel (occasionally) to locations worldwide to work on growth and margin expansion initiatives with TE colleagues and also to meet customers, and potential M&A targets as well as to attend industry conferences.
- Experience of working and leading in a multi-cultural environment.
Ideal Candidate Profile – Behavioral
- High energy, driven to succeed, ability to overcome barriers to success
- Analytical. Able to drive analysis (sometimes with imperfect data)
- Tenacious. Not easily discouraged
- Relationship-oriented. Able to build relationships at many levels internally and externally
- Commitment-oriented. Holds oneself and team accountable
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive rewards & compensation. Our commitment to our employees includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our employees.
- Competitive Salary Package
- Performance-Based Bonus Plans
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Community Outreach Programs / Charity Events
- Employee Resource Groups