|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about data, analytics, insights and technology? Whether you are a data native or data convert, the CSEO Data Team is looking for a big data engineer to make an immediate impact with our Redmond engineering team. Our team includes program managers, data scientists, analysts, SREs and of course engineers. This role would work as part of our enterprise data lake platform team, comprised of software and data engineers based in Redmond and Hyderabad. Please apply today if you are looking to work on a great team, delivering impactful, cutting edge work to enable large-scale, enterprise analytics on a modern, trusted foundation.
Team Culture Matters! We’re not JUST looking for candidates with great judgement, solid engineering skills, and the ability and desire to learn and go deep into new technologies, but also engineers who are great team players, collaborators, and leaders.
- Partner with international team to deliver components of our enterprise data lake platform and services
- Demonstrated collaboration and communication skills with both LT, engineering team, and wide array of partners and stakeholders
- Strong individual leadership in both technical and non-technical areas
- Strong passion and demonstrated experience delivering big data solutions at scale
- 4+ years of experience designing, implementing and shipping data product and platforms solutions
- Hands on experience with cloud tech stack for data like Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse, Azure Event Hub, SQL Server, Cosmos DB, et al
- Expertise in SQL, Python/PySpark or Scala, and C# or similar
Preferred, not required:
- Bachelor in Statistics/Math/Computer Science/ Engineering
- 1+ years of experience with programming .Net solutions. C# preferred, PySpark, ReactJs, equivalent experience in Java will be considered
- Experience with enterprise security, governance, compliance, data quality, etc.
- Advanced BI dashboard design & development
- Experience in enterprise data warehouse system design & implementation
- Familiar with Machine Learning and AI technologies/tools is a big plus
- Business domain expertise in areas of sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and/or HR
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.