|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Quantum is dedicated to solving some of the world’s intractable problems and forever altering our economic, industrial, academic, and societal landscape. In just hours or days, a quantum computer promises to solve complex problems that would otherwise take billions of years for today’s computers to solve!
This breakthrough will have groundbreaking implications across healthcare, energy, environmental systems, smart materials, and more. Simply put, Microsoft is leading the path to a scalable quantum system and ecosystem to empower enterprises, customers, and developers globally. For more information about our team, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/quantum
Do you want to be part of the next revolution in computing? Join our team to help us develop the architecture and applications of a full stack quantum computer, including quantum algorithms that will revolutionize the way we solve problems, new software tools used in a quantum computing and development, quantum error correction and qubit control and readout. You ideally bring experience in computer architecture and quantum computer software and familiarity with hardware to work on quantum computers as part of our multi-disciplinary and diverse team.
The job provides an opportunity to:
- Impact one of the most exciting new areas in Azure that might truly revolutionize the way we do computing.
- Work in a world class team of engineers, researchers, architects, and leadership that will help you grow your career.
- Be part of a dynamic Open Source community that will enable you to learn, collaborate, and contribute with the top minds in the industry.
- Thought leadership in quantum algorithms and/or quantum architecture research.
- PhD or equivalent in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or physics.
- Delivery of results through a growth mindset and collaborative, team environment.
- Experience in quantum error correction
- Business acumen and passion for delivering mission-focused impact.
- Expertise in optimization, chemistry, or machine learning.
MICROSOFT BACKGROUND CHECK:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.