|Location:||Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
- Do you want to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more?
- Do you want to work in an open and inclusive environment where diverse perspectives are celebrated?
- If you love talking to and learning from customers and are excited about working with brilliant technical minds, we want to talk to you.
In Customer Service and Support, we are focused on how we can Empower, Help, and Advise Microsoft customers. We engage in solving complex problems for customers, we collaborate and knowledge share with each other, and we innovate on solutions to enable our customers to make the most of Microsoft products.
Our team is geographically distributed, we speak many languages and we come from a variety of cultural backgrounds. We are rapidly expanding, and we are looking for talented people with a passion for solving complex issues and an obsession for customer happiness.
Our culture is built around attributes that drive our every decision and our every action:
- Customer Obsession - we exist for and because of the customer. We need people who share that passion and drive to make our customers experiences easy, insightful and trusted.
- Growth Mindset - we value all perspectives and reward individuals that poke at the edges of what they know to be true. We are seeking people that think differently and are biased toward action to accomplish great things.
- Diverse & Inclusive - we enable people who bring a contemporary view to shape our internal teams and encourage all to feel included.
- One Microsoft - we collaborate and value the work of others, combining their learnings with our own to make a better outcome for our customers.
- Making a difference - we drive impact by looking for ways to continually improve our day to day responsibilities and the connections between our work and others.
- Work on Virtual Support Agent strategy in collaboration with subject matter Experts (SMEs) for Windows and other consumer product scenarios to help us get to the next level of self-help by leveraging machine learning. Analyze performance of the dialogs and identify issues and content gaps in collaboration with SMEs.
- In collaboration with SMEs, identify customer pain points with Windows and other consumer support scenarios and create engaging support content that is discoverable, multi-media rich, and easy to consume.
- Monitor and improve content effectiveness by leveraging customer and support agent feedback provided on support.microsoft.com.
- Work with social media expert to promote content for common questions and high-performing content.
- Collaborate with Product Groups and Customer Service and Support to identify and create content for new product releases.
- Manage the content lifecycle: monitor, improve, and retire content as needed.
- Coordinate and build alignment with partner teams and stakeholders regarding content taxonomic and related metadata priorities.
- Optimize content to work well with tech, both in terms of web search engines and bot technologies.
- BA/BS degree in Technical Communications, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience with writing/content publishing/managing for consumer audiences
- Experience working with content authoring, management, and publishing tools, such GitHub, DXStudio, and XMetaL or similar experience
- Experience with machine learning and virtual assistants a plus
- Experience with Windows/an understanding of the audience and their needs desired
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams, such as engineering, customer support, and marketing teams, understanding the business and customer goals of each, and translating those goals into content for customers
- Customer-focused mindset. Passion to figure out what customers need, and deliver it
- Always learning and curious, strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization desired
- Experience working with content authoring, management, and publishing tools, such GitHub, DXStudio, and XMetaL desired
- Experience with multimedia (images, video, infographics) a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.