|Job Type:||Full Time|
Azurefor Operators is building an agile team to help mobile operators take advantage of the innovation unleashed by the introduction of technologies such 5G, Software Defined Networking / Network Function Virtualization, Edge Compute and the next generation Internet of Things. We innovate quickly, collaborate, learn from experience and data, provide input to improve features, think creatively, laugh and have fun, all while solving challenging customer and partner problems. You’ll work directly with mobile operators, traditional network equipment providers andcutting edgeISV partners. You will build, design and operate programs and products that help mobile operators leverage the Azure platform to accelerate the digital transformation of their core network operations in order to launch new services in an agile fashion, elastically scale to meet the every growing demand for mobile service and dramatically improve operational efficiency thru infrastructure simplification and process automation.
Wearelooking for highly motivated individuals who want to work in a startup-like environmentand enjoy tough challenges. You will create architectural guidance, design and build product strategy for the adoption oftheAzureplatformbythird party software providers that support Containerized / Virtualized Network functionsand collaborate across key Azure products to ensurenetworking softwarerequirements are consider in product design. Our market opportunity is huge, and our team is expanding.
This posting is for aSenior Product Managerrole. This role requires:
- Direct interaction withleading edge software vendors,networkoperators, network equipment providersandsystem integrators to understand requirements and drive customerscenarios
- Ability to captureand definerequirements in areas such as security, resiliency andobservabilityand work across Microsoft engineering organization tobuild out roadmap for the delivery ofsolutions supportingsoftware in areas such asvRAN,vEPC, 5GC,SD WAN, SASE, vIMS, orchestration, provisioning, service assurance and network operations.
- Be the go-to technical expert for networking questions; explain, demonstrate, and prove in-depth how the Microsoft Cloud, Microsoft Edge Zone and Azure Networking can benefitproviders of software for core networking, enterprise networking and OSS/BSS
- Helpmobile operators andsoftwarepartners with proof of conceptdeployments
- Clear technical and competitive blockers for escalations from sales teams.
- Be the connection and orchestration point for other technical resources working across Microsoft Cloud services.
To thrive in this position, you should be a creative and analytical thinker, technical, and committed to excellence. Ability to lead complex projects with strong record of end to end delivery of high-quality products is a huge plus. You are willing to learn from our customers and your peers.
- 10+ years of related experience inplanning, deployment and/or operationof mobile operator networking technology
- Experiencewith the planning and implementation ofnetworkingtechnologies:vEPC, 5GC,IMS,GiLAN,VoLTE and/orIP Networking/Firewalls
- Knowledge and relationships of the network provider ecosystem for core network solutions in the areas of RAN, fiber/broadbandand core networking
- Knowledge and relationships of theOSS/BSS softwareprovider ecosystem fororchestration, provisioning, inventory, service assurance,network analytics, network operations and/or charging/billing
- 3+ years working in the planning and deployment of virtualized networking technologies
- Experience and technical knowledge with 3GPP GPRS/UMTS/LTE/5G core network architectures
- In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability andtechnologyplanning
- Passion for digging deep into customer scenarios and addressing them through technology or process
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and leading without authority skills
- Excellent ability to prioritize, plan, and track large scale programs
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Experience inmulti vendornetworking environmentusing both traditional PTF andnon traditionalVNF/CNF components
- Knowledge ofvendor solutions in the areas of orchestrationandOSS/BSS
- Experience in deploying resources to cloud environments aplus
- Experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud a plus
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Ability to meet Microsoft security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.