|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are excited about our platform mission -- to enable protection of the corporate data & infrastructure of our customers (including Microsoft) through products – Azure Sentinel, Azure Security Center from our division and support additional internal initiatives such as MSRC and SDL. As part of delivering on our mission we depend on high quality, timely, actionable security intelligence derived from all sorts of data and security analytics. Such security intelligence helps us identify threats, can be used as part of automatic protection policies, helps assess the timeline / details of attacks (which are bound to happen), and supports recovery / remediation of breaches.
Security Platform team in Cloud Security is building a high scale, highly available, integrated security analytics platform to support the products, which protect our customers and enable security analysts, who build the detections. Our data volumes are measured in the petabytes/day and our solution will be implemented on Windows Azure. We are looking for engineers who want to help to make this a reality.
Platform Engineer will lead and drive one of many aspects outlined in broader platform team deliverables listed below:
- Supports high scale near real time pub/sub model for processing of petabytes of data every day
- Builds on variety of Microsoft & Open-Source technologies: Microsoft Service Fabric, Kusto, CosmosDB, Open-source: Kubernetes, Data-Bricks platforms for processing data
- Incorporates contextual data such as internal/external threat intelligence, geo mapping information, etc.
- Provides flexible frameworks and tools that make writing new analytics easy, including monitoring
- Supports data feeds from multiple clouds beyond Azure, O365 – e.g. AWS
- Enables API access to raw event data, detections and other data sources to supplement the detection scores
- Highly scalable and available service available in all Azure regions and national clouds
- Resilient in the face of infrastructure issues, including have a robust DR plan
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about applying big data to various software technologies.
- 5+ years of commercial/enterprise software development experience using C#, Java, Python or C++
- Experience building cloud native solutions in Azure, AWS or similar environments
- Experience being the primary and/or lead engineer for a large-scale product or service feature.
- A passion for building and participating in highly effective teams and development processes
- Success collaborating with other teams across the company on platform requirements
- Ability to work independently to actively identify and drive solutions for evolving business problems
- Knowledge of security, data mining and/or machine learning concepts a plus
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.