|Location:||Irving, Texas, Issaquah, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you someone with a passion to solve real world business problems with data and analytics? Does experiment, machine learning and AI excite you? If you answered "yes" to all these questions, we want to talk to you about joining the Microsoft Pre-Sales and Retention team as a Senior Support planner.
Constant innovation and a customer focused mindset is the essence of the Pre-Sales and Retention team. In this data-driven and fast-paced business environment, this role is essential towards our endeavor of enabling our customers and others to achieve more. You will work on all aspects of the design, development, and delivery of analytics and machine learning to create applicable solutions/outputs. You will work with a range of business stakeholders to define problems, construct hypotheses, design experiments, and to implement changes that drive customer value creation.
1. Trusted Advisor: Synthesize qualitative research, quantitative modeling, business opportunity cost, and new industry trends to inform business planning strategy.
2. Experiment Designer: Understand business needs and design experiments to answer target questions.
3. Growth Catalyst: Oversee the end-to-end experiment cycle and execution to ensure customer value added insights.
- Incorporates the understanding of the business, design of experiments, customer segments, product features, data sources, microsoft recommendation/AI/ML assets, , and scientific methods to reframe problems in order to gain added insight.
- Acts as a trusted advisor in business experimentation planning and contributes to the design of customer lifecycle engagement scenarios with supporting data science principles.
- Work closely with Experience Planners and Supportability Program Manager to transform the formulated business problems into the plan of record for experimentations.
- Define CPR standards for how to correctly document the experiment approach, analysis, and results with details on most appropriate and viable methods, data sources, algorithms, tools, and statistically validating the results against biases and errors.
- Collaborate with technology partners, business partners, and data scientists to layout the design of experiments, the construct of hypothesis test, and oversee the end-to-end experiment execution.
- Join force with Change Officer to evaluate, corelate, and prioritize the specific feature/objective reviews of multiple experiments to maximize the customer value creation and economy of scale.
- Identifies viable approaches efficiently using rapid iterations within a wide range of choices, and demonstrates a deep understanding of the quantifiable benefits, opportunity cost, and trade-offs of each option.
- Interprets results and develops insights into formulated problems within the business/customer context and provides guidance on risks and limitations.
- Influences stakeholders to make product/service/Support improvements that yield customer/business value by effectively making compelling cases through story-telling, visualizations, and other influencing tools.
- Consistently identifies required adjustments to tools, instrumentation, models, algorithms, and/or products/services that fundamentally addressing the change of market demand.
- Partner with broad Microsoft data science community to co-create the Customer Lifecycle Management features and uses the appropriate channels to evangelize them.
- 7+ years of Hands-on experience in statistical modeling methods, time series, text mining, optimization, information retrieval.
- 3+ years of large-scale data science program management experience
- 6+ years Hands-on experience using SQL and R
- 4+ years Hands-on experience with experiment design and A/B testing
- 3+ years Hands-on experience in forecast modeling.
- 3+ years Hands-on experience using applying Neural Networks, LDA, SVM, Clustering algorithms, survival analysis, and social network analysis
- 3+ years Hands-on experience building production grade machine learning enabled solutions end to end.
- MS or PhD in statistics, mathematics, statistics science, actuarial science, econometrics, industrial engineering, Operations Research, computer science, physics, or equivalents years of experience.
Must Have Personal Attributes / Skills
- Analytical thinker and ability to diagnose business problems
- Ability to communicate with technology partners, business partners, and data scientists
- Demonstrate cross-group collaboration and interpersonal awareness
- Flexible and resourceful, with a figure-it-out-and-get-it-done mentality
- Being able to work in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment & confident in managing uncertainty.
- Desire to learn and adopt new technologies and analysis methodologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.