|Job Type:||Full Time|
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games of all time, with more than 200 million copies sold worldwide on PC, Console and Mobile. Minecraft inspires people around the world to create together and has resulted in one of the most active and passionate player communities in history. We’re looking for a Sr. Data and Analytics Environment Manager, to work with the Minecraft Data and Analytics team.
As the Data and Analytics Environment lead on Minecraft’s DnA team, you will be responsible for architecting data solutions to help accelerate the throughput of our data science team by reducing the time spent in building data sets and data structures. This person will build data warehouses, datamarts, cubes, and other data solutions to help data scientists acquire and consume data for use in analytics, data science, and machine learning models. In addition to supporting the data science team, this person will build self serve solutions and coordinate in the build out of a next generation telemetry platform. This person will partner closely with the Sr. Manager for Data Engineering and the Sr. Manager of Data Science to ensure roadmap and priority alignment.
This person will interface with multiple data engineering, data science, and game development teams. Ideally, this candidate has had experience in building data structures for consumption in video game analytics organizations.
- Architect data marts, data cubes, and other data solutions for consumption by analysts, data scientists, and power users of data. Make datamarts and other data solutions available for consumption in Databricks/Spark. This person will be responsible for proposing solutions to complex problems, and taking those items to fruition.
- Work in a diverse array of data sets – including but not limited to business, financial, behavioural, non-behavioural, text, transactional, and other sources of data.
- Partner with Data Engineering team on architecting the technology and data roadmap for the Minecraft franchise.
- Partner with Data Engineering team in instrumenting clean telemetry signals that can be used to built insightful data sets.
- Transform raw and complex data sets into meaningful aggregates and summaries for use in data science and machine learning.
- Coordinate ETL and other technology work with Data Engineering team.
- Ensure quality and availability of data sets, work with very large unstructured and data sets.
- 5+ years of experience building big data analytics solutions.
- Excellent verbal, visual and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Databricks, Hive, Spark, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Explorer, Azure Blob, SQL Server, Microsoft Synapse, other relational and unstructured databases.
- Proficient with statistical programming language such as R or Python and familiarity with data science and analytics processes.
- Preferred experience in video games.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.