|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Modern Work business focuses on three core commercial segments and Small to Medium-sized Businesses (SMB). The hero product sold to these segments is Microsoft 365 (M365). M365 originally launched three years ago as a licensing bundle that combined Office 365, Windows Enterprise, and EMS, which is becoming a single product that is much more than the sum of its parts. One year ago we referred to Microsoft 365 publicly as “the world’s productivity cloud,” and we were marketing it as a productivity service that applies cutting-edge innovations – like AI, process automation, and cross-workload integration – to the business of digital transformation.
The value prop and story for the Modern Work business and Microsoft 365 as a product continue to evolve, especially in light of global trends generated by COVID-19. As the Director of Business Management for the Modern Work Corporate Vice President and organization, you’ll not only work on one of the most iconic productivity businesses in the market, you’ll also play a pivotal role in transforming Modern Work into a strong growth engine during a historic time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Rhythm of the Business. Streamline operations for the CVP, leadership team, organization that drive business results through disciplined management.
- Business Management. Design, run, and continuously improve how we run our business, manage our objectives and key results, and derive value from our investments.
- Strategy. Partner on growth initiatives that transform the Modern Work business and drive strategy implementation.
- People Programs. Run our manager community, develop our early-in-career talents, and growth and development programs for the organization.
- Cultural Transformation. Lead a deep transformation that builds future business leaders and upholds our principles for wellbeing to practice what we teach our customers.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years solid business, product management, and product marketing experience, preferably across the enterprise segments. This person will be a self-starter who can analyze problems quickly, develop innovative solutions, communicate ideas effectively, clearly prioritize activities and deliverables, operate independently, and manage multiple projects in parallel. To be successful in the role, this person will also need to be a strong thinker, an excellent communicator and collaborator, and a proven doer. MBA preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.