|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a part of the Microsoft Cloud + AI division, the Azure Edge & Platform (AEP) organization delivers technologies and solutions that establish the OS platform foundation across Microsoft’s everchanging product lines. Whether powering the 1B+ million Windows 10 devices running in homes and businesses worldwide or fueling the growth of highly scalable Azure Cloud and Windows Servers – we are the platform engine, critical in accomplishing the mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more!
The AEP Server Management Experience team is responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of the Windows Admin Center product, a new server management product that has experienced phenomenal growth since its release. Today Windows Admin Center manages millions of Windows Server machines on prem and in the cloud. As the leader for this group, you will be responsible for:
- Developing a vision for how to evolve the server management experience to light up new capabilities such as hyperconverged infrastructure or Kubernetes management
- Investigate future cloud-based opportunities including Windows Admin Center as a service in the Azure portal and enabling hybrid/cloud connected experiences for on-prem assets
- Look into future opportunities for heterogenous endpoint management, including IoT and Linux
- Working with industry partners and the community to expand and enhance the functionality of Windows Admin Center using its extension framework
If these challenging areas are exciting to you, please connect with us to learn more. As a part of this team, you will have the opportunity to lead a group of highly talented and motivated world-class engineers that love a challenge, deep systems thinking, and delivering customer impact.
- Strategic thinking, leadership, communication, interpersonal skills and ability to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to establish a culture of accountability across the product line while motivating others and collaborating across various functions, teams and levels of management.
- Strong recruiting skills, ability to attract, retain and grow strong engineering talent for long term success, and to build a succession pipeline.
- Provide leadership and coaching to build a diverse and inclusive, cohesive, and high performing team; nurture a supportive, inclusive environment where team members can grow and can do their best work.
- Proven capabilities in building high-performance, reliable, and scalable systems level software.
- Proven ability to manage senior stakeholders and partner relationships to influence, drive collaboration, innovation, and adoption across Microsoft.
- A BS or MS degree in Computer science or equivalent, 15+ years of software engineering and shipping experience and 5+ years of team management experience in leading Software Development product groups as a people manager.
- Experience with system software development on multiple operating systems such as Windows and Linux.
- Experience with operating or supporting a cloud-based infrastructure service.
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.