|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Marketplace team within the Commerce and Ecosystems engineering (C+E) group is responsible for the growth and success of our commercial marketplace – both Microsoft AppSource and Azure Marketplace. This team also creates delivery models and business strategies and drives internal alignment to engage our cloud partners successfully across their journey with Microsoft.
This role will define the future of the Marketplace Rewards, a reinvestment engine supporting all publishers in our commercial marketplace. You will lead efforts to transform Marketplace Rewards from a program into a product – one that becomes an end-to-end benefits delivery platform for marketplace publishers. You will set product strategy, define business requirements, prioritize features, and work with engineering to launch new capabilities. You will represent the voice of the partner and business stakeholders within the engineering process, working closely with teams across Microsoft from our partner organization and all three cloud solution areas: Azure, Business Applications, and Modern Workspace.
Core areas of responsibility for this role:
- Be the expert “Voice of the Partner” on publisher GTM needs and all internal/external pain points
- Develop experiments and pilots for new product ideas
- Determine market fit for new capabilities
- Research existing usage patterns
- Run the development planning process for Marketplace Rewards aligned to engineering sprints
- Lead the product launch process across PM, engineering, legal, privacy, marketing, and support teams
- Consolidate and prioritize requirements
- Understand and integrate platform needs into broader requests
- Generate business requirements documents (BRDs) and the development roadmap
- Report to senior business and technical leaders on progress and plans
- Generate publisher success and growth
- Develop and maintain publisher nurture campaigns
- Drive publisher readiness through MS Learn, how-to videos, one pagers, and more
A successful candidate will draw from many of the following desired skills and experiences:
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills, as well as ability to process large amounts of data into actionable information
- Familiarity with how engineering teams evaluate and deliver features
- Follow user-centric approach, translating business needs to user experience requirements
- Ability to build relationships, influence, and forge alignment among stakeholders and executives
- Adept at communicating across diverse audiences (engineering, marketing, and partner executives)
- Ability to manage ambiguity and complexity, as well as frame, analyze and solve problems
- Strong writer, and public speaker with structured thinking
- Understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging trends
- 5+ years product management, development, marketing or sales experience
- BS/BA degree, MBA preferred
- Interest in contributing to a diverse and inclusive team; Demonstrated ability to have fun
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.