|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business.
At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Xbox Community (XBC) drives growth and engagement in our broader gaming community, including safety, security as well provide thought leadership in our endpoint strategy.XboxCommunityis an outstanding place to work – for every gamer, and every non-gamer with a real passion for deeply understanding our current and future gaming fans. It is a place where we recognize that we are better when we work together, and even better still when we lift andgrowoneanother. We are made stronger by our array of dynamic perspectives and ideas. And wehavefun, a lot of fun. You should join us.
We are looking for an extraordinary engineering leader to drive the key safety and family experiences and services that will make Xbox Live the best, safest community for all. In this role, you will lead a hardworking group of 5 to 7 engineers building experiences and services for gamers onmobileandweb.
- As a technical leader, you will provide architectural mentorship, hold a high bar on quality and lead the projects through meticulous execution. You are not afraid to roll upyour sleevesand be in the trenches if needed.
- As a people manager you will encourage, attract, hire, mentor and grow a team of hardworking, creative engineers.
- As a product innovator, you will ideate, scope and drive implementation and validation.
You will spend the balance of your time driving architecture, innovation, design and development of amazing experiences within the team and pushing technology out to the larger Xbox engineering organization.
We do not have a fixed list of requirements. Deeply understanding what excites our existing users and what motivates new users to join Xbox is part of the job. You will lead the end-to-end experience,identify MVP, implement fast, flight to a target set of users, collect data from real users, iterate, pivot and repeat – this is the DNA of our development culture.
- At least 10 years of professional software development experience and 3 years of people management experience
- Customer obsession, and a real passion for delivering delightful consumer experiences.
- Genuine love for the product and seeks out opportunity to ideate and follow through with execution.
- Demonstrated experience building Mobile, Weband React applications.
- Experience running an agile team thatideates, gets things done quickly, gets user feedback and repeats.
- Effective interpersonal skills andahistory of growing people
- BA/BS or advanced degree in computer science preferred but notrequired
- Dedication for design and enjoy crafting and building amazing clientexperiences
- Experience with integration of service calls andclient-sidearchitecture,caching, experimentationetc
- Familiarity with Gaming, Messaging and Social Network domains
- A strong performance history
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.