|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Performance Management team in the Azure Edge + Platform (E+P) organization plays a fundamental role driving optimizations and improvements across Microsoft services and platforms. Our mission is to help teams deliver high performance, reliable and efficient services that make it easy for our customers to do more. Our work spans Azure services from the Cloud to the Edge. We are a curious fun engineering team who is obsessed with our customers and are passionate about solving complex problems and developing the intelligent platforms and services to effectively catch and root cause performance issues – at scale.
The challenge is big and so is the impact you will have. If you are excited by the prospect of driving change across Azure and making a fundamental impact in how customers use Azure in the Cloud and on the Edge, then this is the place to be.
We are looking for a strong technical Program Manager to own the vision and the execution of the strategy for our cloud scale solutions – an Azure wide multi-process, multi-service profiler and validation platform – that are critical in catching and root causing the performance and reliability problems that prevent Azure from meeting the requirements of our largest customers.
As the PM owner, you will leverage customer and business data to drive alignment across multiple teams throughout Azure and improve our competitiveness, performance, and reliability. Your responsibilities will be:
- Own the vision, strategy, and execution for our solutions
- Drive the business results through a focus on objectives and key results, providing clarity to the engineering team and ensuring delivery of high-quality results
- Collaborate with business and support teams to inform long term performance investments strategy
- Engage with customers to understand and root-cause their performance issues
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders across engineering and partner teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 3+ years of product/program management experience
- 3+ years of expereince developing large scale, distributed enterprise software
- Comfortable in deeply technical spaces
- Self-starter, who proactively identifies problems and drives for resolution
- Proven track record in delivering reliable, scalable and performant solutions
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and ability to influence independent teams while maintaining ground
- Experience with distributed systems, performance analysis and data science a plus
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
- This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.