|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about architecting and developing mission critical cloud solutions that address the most challenging customer scenarios, and then translating solution findings into measurable engineering feedback to drive the platform forward? Do you enjoy working directly with Microsoft’s largest and most strategic customers, in addition to Microsoft’s engineering teams? If so, this role might be ideal for you!
AGCE, Azure Global Customer Engineering within the Cloud + AI engineering organization, is seeking a Senior Software Engineer with expertise in cloud solution design and implementation, as well as a passion for customers and building the best cloud platform.
This AGCE Software Engineer role focuses on:
- Architecting and implementing solutions that break the platform, either engaging with Microsoft’s most important customers or by developing canonical reference applications derived from customer scenarios.
- Identifying solution patterns, gaps, whitespace, limits and adoption barriers and driving feedback into the engineering teams to fuel the continued evolution of our cloud platform
- Working on both hybrid and native cloud solutions across a broad range of cloud infrastructure
Working directly with both customer and engineering leaders alike, this technical role presents a robust opportunity to have a tangible impact on our cloud products and strategy, as well as fuel our customers’ success. Intentional collaboration is a must in this role. This role will be based in Redmond with travel required around 35%.
- 5+ years of experience in building/shipping cloud-based products and services
- 5+ years of experience architecting and implementing cloud-based solutions (Cloud Native and Cloud Edge)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a technology-focused or Engineering-related discipline or equivalent of work and educational experience
- Excellent at interfacing with customers on-site, and a strong desire to help them succeed
- Deep technical knowledge of Azure cloud architecture and services (PaaS/IaaS), or similar experience with AWS/GCP
- Familiarity with relevant languages/tools, such as .NET, Go, Python, PowerShell, Azure CLI, ARM, Open Source, etc.
- Experience with containers and orchestration technologies like Kubernetes is a plus
- Hands-on experience implementing various application/solution migration strategies (i.e. on-premise datacenters to public clouds)
- Worked on solutions built for massive ingestion and adaptive scale
- A positive team player rather than an outside critic, focused on conscious collaboration and customer obsession.
- Aptitude and hunger to learn and adapt to the ever-changing cloud technologies.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills (e.g. knowing your audience and adjusting accordingly), articulating with courage and conviction.
- Humble and willing to learn from anyone on the team.
AGCE embraces diversity and the concept of team. We enjoy great challenges, collaboration and seeing our customers succeed and our platform evolve. We have a start-up and growth mind-set and are deeply passionate about our customers and our architectural standards. We are also a lot of fun!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.