|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you believe that data can power Microsoft’s growth? Do you wake up thinking how to drive responsible data democratization company-wide? If these big expectations appeal to you, then read on.
Core Services Engineering & Operations Data (CSEO Data Team) is a division within Core Services Engineering responsible for the data agenda inside Microsoft’s Digital Transformational strategy. Our mission is to raise the overall Data Quotient for Microsoft. We are seeking a top-notch Senior PM to join our Enterprise Data Governance team to help author company wide data governance standards and drive adoption of the standards into the product engineering teams.
The successful candidate will leverage her or his previous data governance experience and Microsoft product group knowledge to define, measure, and implement repeatable processes & compliance reporting that the product engineering teams can use to accelerate Microsoft’s Data Governance maturity. Understanding the discipline of data governance is a must, as well as deep experience in people change management. The best candidate will have direct experience having implemented divisional governance (security, privacy, accessibility, etc) within Microsoft and/or peer companies. Moreover, the ability to partner and influence other business leaders, change teams, architects, and engineering teams is core requirement. Clear demonstration of having navigated a complex, highly matrixed organization like Microsoft is highly desired.
- 7+ years of industry experience with Modern Engineering systems and processes
- 4+ years’ experience implementing governance & compliance programs at highly matrixed organizations
- 2+ years of experience performing or driving Data Governance practices, such as those from DAMA or SEI’s Data Management Maturity Model (DMM)
- Familiarity with PowerBI or similar data visualization tools
- Hands on experience leading data projects to measure and improve the quality of data for key enterprise data assets
- Ability to lead with business value and clearly measure and articulate business impact
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills
- Effective in presenting to executive stakeholders with a flair for story telling
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems (or related study), Finance, or Engineering preferred.
- CDMP, DAMA, or SEI DMM certified professionals preferred.
- Six Sigma belted preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.