|Job Type:||Full Time|
Wake up every morning and KNOW you are making a difference.Flipgrid’smission is to empower everyone on the planet to share theirvoiceand respect the diverse voices of others.
Flipgridempowers student voices with our short-form video application and a rapidly growing, passionate community of over 100 millioneducators, learners, families and organizations across 180 countries. Check out #FlipgridForAll to meet the community!
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers—people who care about adding to our team culture as well as engaging the community we serve.We believethat the why behind what we do is as important ashow we do it.Our team has a big visionthat’s inclusive, purpose-driven,creative and curious. Will you join us?
We are looking fora designer to partner with our community engagement team tocraft inspiring,visual storiesand campaigns.
- Work alongsidetheFlipgridengagement teamto design social campaigns andsupport theirvisual storytelling practiceacross multiplechannels.
- Maintain aesthetic coherence across the brand, working to find meaningful expressions within brand standards and guidelines.
- Help develop, manage, and create evolving visual guidelines, specifically centered around visual expressions, including video and social assets.
- Assist in creating editorial and social engagement strategy across the team, ideating as well as executing, with thoughtfulness andattention to detail.
- Work diligently with the team to facilitate, collaborate, and contribute to a positive cultural environment, focused on implementation but also open to experimentation.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and campaigns, turning them into useful, actionable, delightful and valuable content for our growing community.
- Design visual expressions that are incredibly simple, thoughtful, and elegant, while being able to rapidly produce wireframes and storytelling visuals to share with the team.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise the bar for quality. Review work together with the design group and iterate upon feedback.
- Continue to deepen knowledge and understanding ofbestpractices, industry trends, and experience with aesthetic visuals at scale.
- Continually work to hone your skills and improve your craft andsharewith others.
- Qualified candidates should have 3+ years of experience, includinga background indesign strategyfor social mediacontent and subsequent best practices.
- Have a strong sense of visual aesthetics, including familiarity with leading trends across multiple platforms, as well as existing and emerging mediums.
- Experience working with editorial calendars, allowing for spontaneity and inspiration, as well as planned out, thoughtful execution of social design assets.
- Expertise creating a variety of templates, including the production of batches of content for social, as well as a strong sense of data driven design, working to refine content.
- Strong problem solving, creativity, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in developing and conducting a variety of social campaigns, analyzing and understanding community engagement.
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and our user community.
- Excellent communication, writing, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Understanding an array of brand guidelines, editorial calendars, campaign goals, and overall design-driven requirements that shape current and future products.
- Excellent illustration skills, including the ability to create high-fidelity designs in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop or similar tools. Experience with 3D/Cinema 4D illustration is a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.