|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Okta is looking for a dynamic HR leader to join our People Operations team to lead our HR/People Compliance strategy and programs. The HR Compliance Manager will be responsible for build out of Okta’s HR compliance program globally driving innovative solutions to maintain compliance while ensuring exceptional candidate and employee lifecycle experiences. This role will partner with human resources, recruiting, total rewards, legal, internal audit, finance, and IT teams on compliance initiatives, processes, and audits.
- Responsible for ensuring HR policies and processes comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Partners with relevant HR function leaders, Operations and Legal to ensure compliance.
- Develop compliance scorecard and keep track of metrics and conduct audits for each compliance area to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of HR policies. Monitors policies and programs in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including OFCCP, AAP, VEVRAA, EEOC, GDPR, and FLSA. Deliver compliance training as needed to applicable teams.
- Own completion of AAP, Vets-4212, EEO-1 and other required government reports.
- Partner with legal on employment agreement development and applicable policy and employee handbook changes.
- Oversees HR compliance areas including I-9 and E-Verify compliance, and conduct FLSA audits.
- Researches and monitors changes in HR compliance requirements and proactively works with Legal and HR function leaders on the modification of company policies and processes and change management and rollout.
- Leads in implementation of changes in policies and regulations governing compliance.
- Oversees and leads compliance-related projects and initiatives and proactively formulate risk mitigation strategies.
- Establish HR processes and controls for government agency audits, including response preparation and ongoing compliance reviews.
- Partner with our Diversity and Inclusion team to draft and recommend action-oriented plans that support company affirmative action/diversity efforts.
- Monitor the effectiveness of SOX and other HR audit controls designed to meet regulatory obligations, owning remediation plans, as required. Work with internal audit and People Operations shared services team to provide requested evidence.
- Experience managing a global HR compliance function that includes SOX, OFCCP, I-9, EEO & GDPR, FLSA including policy and process work as well as audit response.
- Previous international compliance experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in responding to government audits and in running mock audits is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Employment law, Human Resources, Business Management or related field.
- 7+ years’ experience in HR specifically in HR Policy & Compliance related role preferably in a global or high-tech industry.
- Knowledge of U.S. employment practices and regulations required, global experience highly preferred.
- Experience change management, project management, stakeholder management, user training, and communications.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to drive complex issues to resolution and influence to achieve result. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to manage confidential matters with discretion using sound judgement and decision making.
- Experience writing various HR policies and effectively implementing them.
- Ability to work effectively cross functionally and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus.