|Job Type:||Full Time|
Every once in a while a job comes along with an opportunity to be at forefront of a brand new business. If you have been waiting for that kind of opportunity this may be the job for you.
We are the Dynamics 365 Fraud Protection team. Our modern anti-fraud platform is a unique combination of the cutting edge research in distributed systems, machine learning and operations research.
We are a startup like and a fast paced mentality, our motto is to work on interesting things, grow, learn and have fun doing it :) You will work with smart people who care deeply about creating a fun and supportive workplace, and you will have an incredible opportunity to learn and grow.
Our team is in charge of a foundational service which enables individuals, organizations, developers, and partners to securely buy and sell, worldwide. Many of Microsoft’s key businesses has been relying on our services 24x7 every day for many years - Windows Store, Microsoft Store, Xbox, Office 365, Azure, Dynamics, Bing Ads and Microsoft Rewards, to name just a few. This year we made our technology available to partners outside of Microsoft and their customers.
We are looking for a self-motivated software engineer who is proficient in creating and maintaining warm and productive work relationships, a go getter and a fast learner.
We evaluate and experiment with new technology every day and as such, for candidates being passionate about technology overall, having a deep understanding of fundamentals and embracing a continuous learning is more important than prior experience with a particular technology.
We are searching for future Microsoft leaders who want to push state of art on one or more of the following:
- Advanced fraud solutions and algorithms
- Distributed systems and storage
- Machine Learning and Anomaly Detection
- Extreme performance and low latency systems
- System ML, learned Indexes, sketches
Being a part of the team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying to production new features of the Dynamics Fraud Protection platform. You will be working with the project management team to review and evaluate customer scenarios, and then work with other software engineers and data scientists to come up with designs to implement the requirements. You will also be responsible for monitoring services in production, proactively detecting, investigating and mitigating issues to ensure best quality of service for our customers.
- 6+ years of Software Engineering experience with experience of computer science fundamentals
- Coding experience in any modern programming language
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related technical field
- Coding experience in any modern programming language, C# preferred
- Basic familiarity of machine learning/data science or readiness to learn and embrace
- Passion to learn and master building modern distributed machine learning services in the Cloud
- Understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming techniques
- Experience and understanding of cloud engineering concepts, such as Service-Oriented architecture, Cloud computing, REST, WebAPI, HTTP, SSL, monitoring, disaster recovery
- Passion for technology
- Learner’s mindset
- Creativity and problem-solving attitude
- Great communication and collaboration skills, being a great team player
Desired Skills and a willingness to learn:
- C# and .NET framework
- Multi-threaded and asynchronous programming
- REST, WebAPI, ASP.NET
- Event processing techniques (Event hubs, Azure Stream Analytics)
- Big data processing (Azure Data Lake, Spark)
- Fundamentals of machine learning and data science
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.