|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about building technical education that helps people advance their careers? The Technical Content Development team in Worldwide Learning is looking for an experienced content development leader to lead the Azure Apps & Infra technical training & certification portfoliodevelopment for customers, partners, employees and future generations. The ideal candidate will have a mix of Azure and/or Applications & Infrastructure industry knowledge, a strong curriculum development background, and experience in the training & certification market.
Microsoft Worldwide Learning’s mission is to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees and future generations, enabling them to develop, grow, and achieve success professionally. Within WWL, the Technical Content Development team’s mission is to help IT professionals, developers, and employees build their technical skills and advance their careers. We are a dynamic team of skilled and experienced content development, learning, and content portfolio management professionals, with a high-energy, diverse & inclusive, and iteration-driven culture, grounded in real customer and field needs. We build blended learning experiences that include Instructor Led Training (ILT), supported by interactive experiences and online training. We have tremendous opportunities not only to increase customer satisfaction, but also to innovate in the content we deliver.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate leader with experience in technical education development, to lead the Azure Apps & InfraContent Development team that designs, creates and maintains curriculum paths whichprovide a rich and best-in-class learning experience for people who aspire to be, or are already in, Azure Apps & Infra-related IT careers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical Curriculum Content Development Strategy: Improve and transform the way we build and deliver instructor-led and web-based curriculum for Azure Apps & Infra professionals, inclusive of standards, processes, and vendor support model; provide thought leadership around Microsoft’s technical training and role ecosystem related to Azure Apps & Infra.
- Technical Curriculum Content Development Leadership: Lead a team of full-time and vendor content developers to develop customer-focused, relevant, and high-quality technical curriculum for professionals across the Application & Infrastructurefield; partnering with the Azure Business Groups, Engineering, Sales & Customer Success Teams, Customers, and other stakeholders on key deliverables.
- Process Maturity & Alignment: Partner with other technical content development leaders on the team to continue to evolve and improve content development standards and processes, and seek opportunities for content reuse where appropriate; Drive operational maturity in team processes, including work planning and tracking, data & reporting insights
- People Management & Leadership: Model, coach and care Microsoft and team values for team members; attract and retaindiverse and inclusive talent
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in disciplines such as learning & development, or program management. Regardless of your background, you should have the following skills:
- 7+ years of experience leading technical learning & development or program management teams, with a proven track record of building and leading teams through growth and transformation
- Strong people management and coaching skills; commitment to Microsoft’s model, coach, care philosophy
- Strong interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, ability to lead with empathy, and demonstrate open and honest feedback and interactions
- Strong project management including Agile methodologies, continuous integration delivery mechanisms, experience in building ground up services & teams and ability to quickly spot and implement industry trends
- Experience defining and improving operational processes
- Deep familiarity with cloud platform technology (i.e., Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- A willingness to be agile, a motivated self-starter, and a passion to constantly learn and improve
- Experience working in a global, matrixed organization and working with cross-functional teams
- Exceptional Adaptability, Collaboration, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Planning, Organizing, and Executing, and Judgment core competencies
- Competency in the following: Trusted Advisor, Executive Maturity, Influencing for Impact
- Works with high degree of Respect, Accountability, and Integrity
- Deep understanding of Applications & Infrastructure industry roles
- Experience with agile development methodologies, and use of Azure DevOps to manage development priorities and backlogs
- Deep understanding of Data (Data trends, content analysis, funnel trends) and fluency using Excel and other data reporting tools such as PowerBI
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (when business travel resumes; 10-15%)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.