|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Internet of Things (IoT) is fast becoming one of the hottest technology trends as new business and consumer scenarios are unlocked that rely on insights and control from devices of all sizes. In addition to device innovation that allows nearly ubiquitous reach and form factors the cloud has enabled new scenarios where it is routine to process petabytes of data and use advanced analytics, like machine learning, to gain new insights.
Microsoft Azure is an industry leader in IoT with the introduction of Azure IoT. Azure IoT is a comprehensive solution that spans devices, device management, gateways, advanced analytics, and command & control functionality. Azure IoT is already in production with millions of devices and trillions of messages a month already flowing.
The Azure IoT Central team is looking for a full stack developer that will work on IoT Central, a SaaS offering that aims to reduce the complexity of connecting and managing IoT devices. As a member of the team you will be expected to work across the team with PM, Infrastructure, UX designers and other backend Microservice teams to produce world class, super performant service APIs, as well as frontend UI components end to end.
Azure IoT Central is built on a full OSS stack and therefore you will be exposed to technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, as well as a full range of Azure services such as CosmosDB, Service Bus, EventHub, etc. This is a truly unique opportunity to work on a relatively new product in IoT, use cutting edge technology and deliver features based on industry focused scenarios.
This position has direct and clear impact on our product and our customers. The scope of responsibilities includes:
- Design and implement highly efficient APIs and microservice.
- Participate in design inspections and code reviews with team members.
- Implementing new features, increasing reliability, improving observability, improving security, and automating where possible.
- Building high scale distributed systems that are highly available, performant, and secure.
- Measuring and monitoring application and infrastructure health.
Investigate customer issues based on Q&A with them about their issues, acquired logs of their failed operation, or local reproduced samples.
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience developing APIs used by others
- Successfully delivered enterprise level applications and cloud services to customers
- Good written and oral communication skills
- 5+ years professional development experience in Cloud applications
- Experience with Docker, K8s, NodeJS, Typescript and .NET Core
- Development experience in Linux is a plus
- Deep understanding of distributed systems principles
- Experience developing distributed data processing pipelines
- Experience developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of threats, vulnerabilities, and writing secure code
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.