|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a Principal Engineering Manager to manage the team that owns the customer support, tooling and communication experiences across the Microsoft Power Platformbusiness suite of products - Power Automate, Power Apps, Power Virtual Agents and Common Data Service.
The team owns critical cloud workloads and UX experiences that power the in-product support and deflection experiences for the platform. We are also embarking on a green field project to define customer outreach notifications in terms of service health and other metrics on the Power Platformadministrative portal. This is a full stack team, building cutting edge UX and backend services that enable these scenarios.
There is huge opportunity to make a bottom-line impact to the business – this team has direct impact on controlling and reducing the spend – the impact of this extends to the bottom line revenue numbers reported by Microsoft. There is also an opportunity to delight the end customer through relevant and accurate experiences. You will also have an opportunity to influence direction of customer support experiences across Azure and Office – our North Star is to align deflection experiences, backend services and leverage innovations in Machine learning and other technologies across the company.
We are looking for someone who is ready to be a part of a team that moves fast, leverages continuous delivery practices, and is centered at the customer experience. This position requires strong collaboration and teamwork across team and organizational boundaries, playing a vital role in engineering services that delight the customer. Your ability to be the technical leader, focus on service first, and part of a team that tears down silos to deliver the best service experience will be critical to your success, along with the teams.
- Develop and grow a healthy, diverse team and mentor great engineers and be a great role model of a service quality first -obsessed and data-driven Engineering Lead.
- Anticipate, identify, assess, track and mitigate project risks and issues.
- Drive thought leadership and enable world class support experiences across the Business applications Group and the company.
- Customer obsessed and results driven, customer first above anything else.
- Collaborate continuously with Program Managers, Software Engineering and our business users to define KPIs and measure reliability, availability and performance of our services including internal services and external integrations.
- Develop high quality monitoring and service health reporting solutions that address our live site needs and reflect the actual user or customer experience.
- Bachelor’s required in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or another related field
- 10+ years of Software Engineering Experience
- 5+ years of management experience leading a high-performance engineering team that delivers results
- Experience building on Azure or other cloud providers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to work through ambiguous situations
- Experience with agile development practices
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.