|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you interested in transforming the digital live events experiences across industries globally? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, customer obsessed, and innovative environment? Do you have the passion to build large scale products and platforms that serve customers in the media and video space? If so, this is the opportunity for you!
We are the Intelligent Cloud Communication and Collaboration (IC3) team in Microsoft and our platform powers Microsoft Teams collaboration experiences. The Live Events platform team in IC3 is chartered to build the best-in-class live events products and platforms to serve 1P (through MS Teams) and 3P customers and is looking for a strong technology leader to lead and deliver this vision.
As Senior Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team engineers who are responsible for building world-class platform and products to power large scale live events experiences such as virtual conferences, webinars, fan shows, sports events, music festivals and many more. The engineering stack will deliver large scale, low latent interactive ML based experiences by building and leveraging service infrastructure that meets customer needs.
We offer a fantastic and fun team environment with commitment to people, inclusion and careers, which you will foster and cultivate. We celebrate team cultural values of being:
- Open to listening to and incorporating feedback, bringing people together to brainstorm and communicate ideas
- Customer-obsessed, both for the engineers relying on what this team delivers and for our external customers
- Exceptional partners, as we design and collaborate across many teams across the company
- Committed to continual learning and growing in building a high-trust, collaborative, diverse and deeply inclusive team environment
As a key member of our mission-focused, multi-disciplinary team, you will:
- Lead, coach, and build a diverse, inclusive, high-performing team where all team members can do their best work
- Help the team plan and execute technical deliverables
- Work closely with our external partners to support the team’s mission
- Collaborate closely with teams within Microsoft to leverage the best technology to advance the team’s mission
- Bring your curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit, and passion to deliver on the promise of technology in a difficult, competitive, and exciting vertical
- PhD/MS/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with shipping successful software products and services
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to influence, drive collaboration with our external partners and within Microsoft
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
- Self-driven and able to lead in a fast-paced environment
- Deep familiarity with Agile methodologies, OKRs, etc.
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in Video technology
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.