|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds, manages the critical products, and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to work on cutting edge cloud technologies and transform service delivery with DevOps? Do you want to be part of the team that builds systems and services that helps improve employee experience and productivity? Do you have the engineering skills, attention to details and quality, passion for building cloud systems and services that delights our customers? Do you want to be part of a diverse, fast paced and highly technical team that takes pride in delivering value to our business customers on time with quality in an agile cadence?
If your answer is “YES” to all of them, congratulations! You are a prospective candidate for the Engineering team in Corporate Function Engineering (CFE) Organization.
In this team, you will have the opportunity to design and develop a highly scalable distributed data processing pipeline in cloud platform that accomplishes the critical HR business process in an automated, timely, cost-effective, compliant and secure way. You will develop software and services at scale, innovating on the latest technologies and modern engineering practices. Delivery of solutions will be done via a DevOps model where success not only includes delivering business value but having a cost-effective, reliable, stable, and supportable solution. We partner closely with Microsoft product engineering teams to ensure a great solution is delivered that can help our customers around the world and serve as a showcase to industry. To summarize, you will be an integral part of the digital transformation that is happening in Microsoft getting your hands in engineering systems.
Detailed Job Responsibilities
- Design, Implement, Validate, Release components/services/systems using your software engineering (designing, coding, review, testing, debugging, problem solving and analytical) skills in agile team that will measurably add value to our business partners and stakeholders.
- Develop designs that are complete from a usability, reliability, security, performance, scale, maintainability, extensibility and built-with-ops-as-first class aspects for the different components/services/system(s) in a cloud world.
- Write highly efficient clean code that can process large amounts of transactions with low latency and high reliability.
- Design and implement cloud-based distributed systems load balanced over hot/warm/cold storage solutions (blobs/parquet, azure tables, in-memory distributed caches).
- Design and implement accurate and actionable internal monitoring and tooling to help maintain business SLAs and system health.
- Participate in On Call and Site Reliability rotations to support live site and drive engineered solutions to improve customer experiences.
- Learn with and as appropriate, lead the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods, and processes that progressively advances our services’ capabilities to its different stakeholders.
- Provide critical thinking, technical innovation, and attention to detail while serving as a trusted advisor in the organization.
- Gain understanding of Microsoft businesses and the varied processes along with their outcomes and collaborate with all stakeholders to contribute to a cohesive set of capabilities built to deliver frictionless experience.
- Define estimates, roadmaps and contribute to with strategy elements – from ideation to articulation to delivery.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and deliver POCs to evaluate technology development towards service modernization and capabilities enhancements.
- Collaborate effectively with other teams and disciplines and drives improvements in engineering at the org level.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience building and shipping large-scale, high performance, scalable systems, and services.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field
- Able to rotate an on-call schedule with availability after hours and on weekends to respond to critical live site issues.
- The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in developing IaaS / PaaS services for a Cloud Platform.
- Experience in applying object-oriented design patterns practically in the software design.
- Well-versed and experienced in coding using object-oriented languages like C# (or equivalent) - with concepts like threading, delegates, LINQ.
- Strong skills in designing, implementing, and testing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), REST APIs & micro services.
- Understanding of distributed state management, distributed data processing pipelines.
- Working experience with Azure platform.
- Experience using automated test frameworks as a part of the engineering.
- Ability to work independently (self-driven) as well as coordinate and collaborate with other disciplines when needed.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc.) with the ability to perform multiple roles (Developer, Scrum Master, Service Reliability Engineer).
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.