|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Machine Learning Foundations Group in Microsoft Research Redmond seeks exceptional researchers who are passionate about developing the next generation of principled machine learning and optimization algorithms. Applicants must have a demonstrated ability for independent research and a strong academic publication record in machine learning or optimization.
As a researcher in Microsoft Research you will develop your research career as a member of a world-class research organization. You will set your own research agenda and collaborate with other researchers and engineers, with the goal of achieving breakthroughs in the field. You will also have the opportunity to see your ideas come to life in products and services that are used worldwide.
We offer a vibrant environment for cutting-edge, multidisciplinary research, both theoretical and applied, including access to diverse data sources, an open publication policy, and close links to top academic institutions around the world.
- PhD in machine learning, AI or closely related areas.
- Well-established research track record of publications, open source software, or other scientific leadership activities.
- Ability to define your own research agenda.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate, communicate effectively, and work as part of a team.
Please submit a CV and the names of at least three references as required by the online application.
You should also upload:
- The two conference or journal articles, book chapters, or equivalent writing samples which best demonstrate your expertise;
- An academic statement (approximately 2-4 pages) that outlines both your research achievements and agenda, and your service and outreach activities and plans (for example, those related to mentoring or diversity)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.