|Job Type:||Full Time|
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate Cloud Solution Architect to drive high priority customer initiatives on the Microsoft Azure Platform in collaboration with customers and the Microsoft field in the enterprise accounts segment of our business. As the CSA you will drive acceleration of cloud adoption from Pilot/MVP to production for customers’ key Azure projects by providing cross-project oversight, resource orchestration, and blocker escalation in close collaboration with Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs) in the account. This is a customer facing role, owning the overall technical relationship between the customer and Microsoft Azure Platform.
You will own the comprehensive Microsoft Azure technical customer engagements including architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or pilots. In addition, you will drive technical program management for strategic accounts that have a significant number of key Azure projects running concurrently. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer-facing roles and success leading technical architecture discussions with senior customer executives, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and Developers.
- Understand customers' overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures
- Develop deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers, who drive long-term cloud adoption within their company to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Be a Voice of Customer to share insights and best practices, connect with Engineering team to remove key blockers
- Assess the Customers' knowledge of Azure platform and overall cloud readiness to support customers through a structured learning plan and ensure its delivery through partners.
- Collaborate with other Cloud Solution Architects in developing complex end-to-end Enterprise solutions on Microsoft Azure platform
- Lead end-to-end technical program management of customers’ key Azure projects (with CSA involvement), including consistent evaluation of cross-project milestones for opportunities to drive efficiencies and accelerate time to production
- Establish a strategy for continuous risk management, enabling proactive notification and action across the project portfolio
- Develop schedules for project milestones, reviews, and internal milestone tracking
- Provide reinforcement for CSAs by effectively orchestrating project resources, escalating technical blockers until resolved or workaround identified, and keeping them informed of cross-project intelligence as needed
- Lead customer reviews with senior management and establish trusted customer relationships with key technical decision makers and stakeholders
- Lead internal (Microsoft) reviews and establish strong relationships across internal stakeholders and teams (e.g. Account team members, Engineering, Microsoft Services, Partners, etc.)
- Capture insights and identify patterns from cross-project management and follow-through by submitting technical feedback to engineering and driving process efficiencies as applicable
- Maintain technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights; collaborate and share with the technical community while educate customers on Azure platform
- Be an Azure Platform evangelist with customers, partners and external communities
- Manufacturing and/or automotive industry background preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud?
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical project management, sales and deployment projects and/or program management, architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications required
- Relationship Building. Proven track record of building relationships with senior IT executives in large or highly strategic accounts. Experience in managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solutions/projects required
- Problem Solving. Ability to solve customer problems through cloud technologies required
- Program Management. Excellent skills in all aspects of planning for a portfolio of projects, cross-group collaboration, resource orchestration, communications, analytical capabilities, and attention to detail required
- Collaboration and Communication. required
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and various levels of management (Senior Executives, IT management, Database administrators and Data Scientist)
- Experience and understanding in large-scale Cloud Provider technical project management and application portfolios in enterprise-wide environments required
- Enterprise-scale technical Experience with cloud and hybrid infrastructures, architecture designs, and migrations required
- Subject matter expertise in one or more of the following:
- Deep domain expertise of cloud infrastructure solutions (i.e. Windows and Linux IaaS, SAP, BCDR, Security, Management, Storage, Networking, OSS, containers and Infra as a code technologies)
- Deep domain expertise in …
- cloud application development solutions (e.g. PaaS, Serverless, API Management);
- container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry);
- continuous integration technologies (e.g. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure for DevOps, Chef, Puppet);
- web application server technologies, cloud application design, software architecture and practices; (design/development/deployment, Agile, SCRUM, ALM)
- one or more of the following programming languages: C++, C#, Java, Node.js, JSON, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Experience using integrated development environments (e.g. Visual Studio, Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, XCode, WebSphere) targeting Android, iOS, Linux, Windows, public clouds (i.e. Azure, AWS) required
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies, container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- SQL including OSS (postgre, MySQL etc), Azure SQL
- NoSQL Databases including OSS (Maria, Mongo etc), Cosmos DB
- Big Data including SQL DW, Snowflake, Big Query, Redshift
- Advanced Analytics including Azure Data Bricks, visualization tools as PowerBI, Tableau
- Data Governance
- Data Science
- Machine Learning including Azure ML, ML Server
- Artificial Intelligence including BOT framework, Cognitive Services
- Software development practices like DevOps and CI/CD tool chains (i.e. Jenkins, Spinnaker, Azure DevOps, GitHub). preferred
- Expertise in data estate workloads like HDInsight, Hadoop, Cloudera, Spark, Python preferred
- The technical aptitude and experience to learn new technologies and understand relevant cloud trend required
- Knowledge of market trends and competitive insights required
- Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.