|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is going through a transformational change to become the leading Cloud first, Mobile first company. Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation. Every day, we work to help our customers leverage the power of Microsoft’s solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more.
Are you motivated, ambitious, and passionate about delivering innovative business solutions?
Are you naturally curious with a desire to learn, innovate and improve in a complex environment; continually analyzing and evolving team processes that balance agility, quality, and scale?
Do you want to work simultaneously across multiple meaningful and impactful projects?
Are you willing to learn from others and be open to new ideas?
We have a lot of innovative and challenging work to complete in this area that would require in-depth investment in the cloud and on mobile. We need strong software engineer's to join our team and take on some of these challenges directly and in collaboration in others.
We are looking for a developer that is technically strong, excited about new challenges, comfortable with ambiguities and willing to take on larger scope and ownership. You will be responsible to perform investigations and investments in complex areas; designing and delivering features end to end - including system architecture, code, deployment, scale, performance and quality...from conception to delivery.
Interviews for the Software Enginer roles will be conducted in partnership with our attendance at Prospanica, SHPE, SWE, Lesbians Who Tech. By applying to this role, you’ll be assessed for multiple, identical positions on several teams.
- Design and develop distributed software services and solutions that are engineered for scale, high performance, availability and are highly reliable.
- Own and deliver complete features, including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging and shipping.
- Build responsive web experiences across multiple devices and browsers.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses and collaborate with business and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking with strong problem-solving skills, out of box thinking and drive for results.
- Contribute to our new cloud-based architecture leveraging technologies such as Apache Spark with Scala, Azure Event Hubs, SQL Azure, HD Insight and Hadoop.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and do POCs to evaluate technology fits for customer needs
- Drive a LiveSite culture within the organization to ensure services are functional and provide a positive user experience.
- 2+ years development and design working on high availability systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering, a related field or practical experience is required
Preferred, not required:
- Passion for building highly available distributed systems at scale.
- Demonstrated problem solving and debugging skills.
- Ability to learn and grasps concepts quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with direct, remote and virtual teams
- Experience in supportability “DevOps” environment
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
This requisition is intended to house applicants participating in Prospanica/SWE/SHPE/Lesbians Who Tech. By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions. Position specifics, including hiring team, location, career level and position details, will be determined during the interview process.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.