|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of the Microsoft cloud solutions and services, to support our mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As a global leader on the corporate team with a perspective across the Microsoft Azure portfolio, you’ll be a critical and visible leader internally and externally and will have the opportunity to influence and work with many of the most senior leaders in the business. We’re looking for an exceptional leader and cross-team collaborator to partner with stakeholders to optimize growth in our mid and high-end enterprise accounts as well as in government and public sector customers. Primarily centered on understanding the main drivers of field performance in this area, this role needs to collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the company to develop, influence and drive effective sales strategy that ultimately leads to Azure growth across both Apps & Infra and Data & AI in Enterprise accounts. This includes a strong interaction with field leadership and sales teams across the world to understand their daily needs, find best practices, coach and enable them on updated guidance and bring of that insight into the Corp team to ensure we’re investing resources aligned with the our business priorities. As the Worldwide Azure Enterprise Growth Strategy Lead, you will partner closely with stakeholders across multiple business units to mature the way the company manages Azure enterprise sales at global level.
Primary accountabilities include:
- Strategy development and execution: Leverage expertise from multiple Corporate and Field stakeholders to devise our Enterprise Commercial and Public Sector Azure Sales Strategy with key deliverables across the fiscal year including role design, compensation target setting landing strategies etc.
- Learn devise test and adapt- Research, propose and develop innovative ways to evolve our sales strategy become a WW leader and expert on the Azure Enterprise business and provide predictability and improvement plans to grow the market share Azure has across the world.
- Codify the Azure Enterprise Playbook - work closely across stakeholders to codify record and update the Microsoft Azure enterprise playbook including rhythms, tools, marketing, programs and best practices. Ensure effective landing and usage by field leadership and sellers.
- Lead Change Management Efforts: Develop strategies and landing models to effectively scale existing and introduce new sales model concepts across Azure Enterprise customer segments and Partner/Channel communities.
- Field Connection & Immersion: Establish field relationships and ongoing engagement to formalize connection channels, listening systems, escalation management, and field council.
- Azure Enterprise Business Expertise & Analytics– On-demand insight & understanding of Azure enterprise business performance across commercial and public sector, sales architecture and capacity, coverage, competencies, & supporting programs/resources. Lead an effective rhythm across key stakeholders to ensure alignment that drives increased performance and informs our WW leadership on status, progress mitigators and next steps.
- Best Practice Sharing: Partner with internal stakeholders and business sponsors to maximize sales synergy via knowledge transfer and best practices sharing.
- 7+ years of experience in sales management ideally in an international setting
- Strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives while influencing a large team to execute on them (with demonstrated results)
- Experience with global sales strategy – advantageous
- Strong understanding of the customer segments, industry verticals and their corresponding sales engines with demonstrated success in driving new business models.
- Strong data analytical skills to navigate a wide array of sources and type of insights across the Company
- Ability to collect, synthesize and solve sales blockers
- Autonomous, results driven as well as strong team players with demonstrate the ability to influence cross group agendas (including at an executive level) while driving non-reporting teams to perform.
- Candidate must be willing to take on big challenges with significant growth potential.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Ability to work and build strong relationships with senior managers
- Must have proven skills in sales management in a technological environment, cloud experience advantageous
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, planning and organizational abilities
- Intermediate conflict resolution and negotiation skills (required)
- Must be able to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Must be highly analytical, able to understand business metrics, customer and market trends
- A great team player
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) required and/or experience in relevant fields eg: business, marketing, information technology, operations, finance. Master's degree beneficial.
Travel and Re-location
- Some travel may be required
- Relocation candidates will be considered
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.