|Job Type:||Full Time|
Cloud computing is the next big thing, it is the wave of the future. Most new software being built today is for the cloud. Today, there is a limited pool of people who know how to build and operate cloud-native applications. Microsoft’s Identity division is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud strategy, we build and operate authentication and authorization services that are used by the millions of Windows, Office, Xbox, and Azure users worldwide.
The identity division is a customer focused organization with an emphasis on security, a great user experience and high reliability. If that sounds like the right environment for you, please join us!
The Identity App Platform team empowers both developers and customers, playing a pivotal role in the creation of a vibrant application ecosystem around Microsoft’s cloud platform. Our team’s mission is to help developers to easily add authentication and authorization to their applications that work with work/school accounts, personal accounts as well as consumer accounts offered through Azure B2C, regardless of platform and language preference. We design, implement, and manage the core application model, application management experiences, permission, and consent framework, on which all cloud-enabled applications are built.
Deep developer empathy is required, and since we will meet our customers where they are, cross-browser experience is important. Join a world-class team that is set up to innovate, create and lead from the ground up. Create innovating experiences, ship often and have fun.
- Work closely with partners in Product management, UX/UI design, and engineering to develop experiences for developer-facing web properties and applications using core web technologies.
- Design, implement, test, deploy, and manage various components/ services of Identity application platform.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with developers on multiple engineering teams within the Azure Identity division to collaborate on experience development.
- Seek opportunities in our day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from ideation to deployment
- Document your processes and workflow in sharable documents for future reuse and adoption
- Use your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best, most efficient work and teach others to do the same
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of software development experience
- A track record of technical leadership delivering highly secure, reliable and maintainable code
- Experience in development of distributed and scalable services / applications
- Applied knowledge of design patterns, clean code and test-driven development
- Highly motivated, self-starter and team player
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous, rapidly evolving environment is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.