|Location:||Washington, District of Columbia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
As a Surface Specialist you will: Be the Surface sales leader and Technical Product expert for your assigned set of accounts as part of the Modern Workplace team:
- Drive new revenue growth across the entire Surface device and accessories portfolio
- Demonstrate excellence in pipeline management to achieve monthly forecasts
- Compete aggressively to win new business and drive Surface market penetration while growing customer mindshare, sharing best practices and use bases with the extended community throughout
- Deliver technical product briefings to customers (BDMs and TDMs) to drive success of new and updated Surface device portfolio
Be the interface to the customer and orchestrate a v-team of resources to solve customer problems:
- Extend relationships beyond IT to business decision makers, helping customers envision & achieve digital transformation
- Solve customer business challenges by presenting the value of Surface devices, including use cases, financial analysis, ROI, etc.
- Own opportunities from start to close as a v-team leader; orchestrate internal and external resources; leverage partners to scale sales on hardware refresh, upsell and expand sales motions; engage Modern Workplace sellers to attach Microsoft 365
- Leverage and drive awareness of all available market promotions, offers, sales initiatives and programs
- Helping to identify and diagnose technical and competitive blockers and respective solutions for sales opportunities and usage decision blockers and engaging the right resources to overcome these blockers
- Sharing practical knowledge with partners to drive the sale, deployment, and adoption of Microsoft solutions.
- Shaping current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback to sales, marketing, and engineering.
You will help customers make decisions to build their business and IT solutions based on Microsoft technology.
- You will lead technical presentations, demonstrations, workshops, proof of concepts, and pilots to explain, demonstrate, and prove to our largest customers the capabilities of Microsoft's products and services, and how we can make their businesses more successful.
- You will own winning the technical decision at customers for sales opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message, bringing ideas to customers, engaging with them to show our technology differentiation, and guiding them in decision making.
- You will work with partners and others at Microsoft, as well as use our core tools, social connection tools, and AI driven data to extend your reach and the reach of your team, focusing on satisfying important customer needs.
You will stay sharp, share your knowledge with peers and learn best practices from others.
- Continuously nurture and expand sales, business, product, technology, and competitive knowledge and readiness
- Participate in internal Microsoft sales communities and in the broader industry through in-person events, Teams sites, community gatherings and more
- Continuously build and enhance your technical acumen, sales and professional skills and competitive readiness.
- You will be recognized for sharing, learning and driving individual work that all result in business impact for customers, partners and within Microsoft. We encourage thought leadership from every employee.
- Drive the success of others through peer mentoring, knowledge sharing, and documentation of Insights
- Strategic thinking & execution. Ability to develop sales and business strategy options, while also being able to successfully execute on complex opportunities.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Work cohesively with members of the Microsoft sales & services field, Microsoft partners, and Microsoft corporate sales, engineering, and marketing to solve customer and partner issues, leverage best practices, & deliver results.
- Growth Mindset. Ability to overcome and work around problems that are inevitable in rapidly growing businesses - positive approach to problem solving, learning, and development of potential
- Travel Required: 50%.
- Amazing Salesperson: Exhibits outstanding operational excellence, including forecasting, healthy pipeline development, CRM entry and hygiene, opportunity management and virtual team orchestration.
- 5-10 years of experience in Federal sales; 3-5 years of experience in hardware sales.
- Proven success in closing complex deals and technical understanding of devices and commercial requirements.
- Good understanding of Microsoft’s business model and sales model.
- Exceeds sales goals in an assigned sales territory.
- Leader: Demonstrated sales and partner management experience; strong passion for building and driving a business
- Challenger mindset: Competes to win new market share
- Influential: Significant experience delivering persuasive presentations to C-level business decision makers.
- Bachelor’s degree or a similar information technology related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Additional training and experience in sales, business or marketing
- MBA or equivalent experience (preferred)
- Experience selling to the US Army needed
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.