|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Site Merchandiser is responsible for helping to grow the Microsoft Store online business through best-in-class execution of campaigns, product updates, and promotions. This person is both an active Site Merchandiser and directs the activities of other Site Merchandisers. The Site Merchandiser responsible for optimizing the customer journey, and ensuring customers are able to easily and effectively accomplish their desired shopping activity. This person uses data, insight, and industry best practices to create great customer experiences.
- Execution of online merchandising strategies, with the goal of optimizing the customer experience in order to increase sales, improve conversion rates, and decrease bounce rates. Core metric is online sales and conversion rate.
- Direct the activities of a core group of Site Merchandisers, providing guidance and direction, and is accountable for the quality execution of the group.
- Ensuring that site content is correctly prioritized, optimized, and refreshed to create clear, effective customer shopping experiences.
- Expert use of data to make optimal decisions on site content.
- Understands how to build and run statistically significant experiments to derive validated answers. Is comfortable working with and diving into data to find insights.
- Use of personalization and targeting schemas and tools to create customer experiences tailored to our customers and their needs.
- Collaboration across Site Merch team, relevant buying team members, devices leads, store managers, and Site Operations to ensure content is accurate, up-to-date, and prioritized.
- Strong project management over a variety of tasks with varying deadlines and priorities. Knows how to manage time and get things done in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- Creation, curation, and optimization of customer journeys to maximize learning and buying for our customers.
- Ability to tell stories that are compelling to customers via product and merchandising messaging and assets, all while remaining true to the Microsoft brand. This includes partnering with other teams to create seamless journeys across partner sites, email, social, etc.
- Successful execution and implementation of seasonal campaigns into the customer journey and through site merchandising.
- Collaboration with UX design and engineering teams in building requirements to enable great customer experiences. This includes needed new features in templates, navigational elements, wayfinding, etc.
- Build effective cross-sell and up-sell experiences through the complete customer journey, all the way through purchase, to ensure customers have the complete solutions they need.
- Prepare and present weekly and monthly business reviews of site and category performance, including analysis of customer behaviors and opportunities for improvement.
- Ensure site, promotions, etc. are working properly, and activating the right escalations to ensure issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- 3+ years of experience executing online customer experiences.
- Experience in online retail desired. Experience in technology-focused online retail a real plus.
- Proficiency in data analysis is preferred.
- Experience in Site Usability, A/B Testing, and Optimization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- A strategic thinker and decision maker.
- Great organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to execute flawlessly.
- Proven experience in problem solving. Not afraid to fail, willing to learn and improve.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for creating great customer experiences. Loves to learn what makes customers happy.
- Collaborative, open, learns and grows from working with others.
- Thrives in a team atmosphere.
- Self-directed, hard working, and hungry to learn.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, degree in Communications, Marketing or similar desired.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.