|Job Type:||Full Time|
If you have ever signed into Xbox, Skype, Outlook, Office 365, Azure or Dynamics, the Identity Security stands between you and cybercriminals. Billions of users sign into millions of apps every day on Microsoft’s identity platforms - the Identity Security team collaborates across Microsoft and the industry to prevent unauthorized access, account takeover, and fraud. Our adversaries include nation state actors, criminal gangs, and hackers trying to steal from, extort, or otherwise harm our customers. Our team’s efforts save individuals from harm, safeguard transactions powering the global digital economy, and support Microsoft’s commitment to defend democracy worldwide.
Join our mission focused, diverse, collaborative and yes, FUN team of feature designers, data scientists, and incident responders as we protect our users. In this role, you will drive incident response as the Identity Security Incident Response Team detects, responds to and protects Microsoft and its customers. Incidents may come from bounty programs, red team exercises and criminal attacks. Your team’s learnings from these incidents will translate into cutting edge security features which protect users’ time, money, privacy, and lives.
We have a unique leadership role available that is at the heart of our efforts straddling incident response, analysis/investigations, and security feature development. Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage the Identity security incidence response process which includes mitigation of security, privacy, fraud/abuse issues via a 24 x 7 x 365 rotation schedule distributed across the ISP Security Team. Help drive the evolution of our processes, procedures, and internal guidance – in conjunction with other defender teams across Microsoft.
- Providing the essential bridge to our world class security analysts who are the cornerstone of our efforts to effectively address the most serious security/fraud incidents. Support and champion development and enhancement of tools and processes for @scale monitoring, risk detection, case management and investigative efficiency. Collaborate with and assist the defender community across MSFT and the industry.
- Use effective case management and post-incident response processes to fuel innovative anti-compromise and anti-fraud service enhancements within our services to be made available to all our customers worldwide. Assist in delivery of these world class solutions by working in conjunction with partner teams across Microsoft.
- Design and iterate on key metrics to assess business impact of team investments. Present findings to Executive leaders in writing and presentations. Develop the strategy to scale Identity’s security protection as the business grows.
- Manage the Security training program for Incident Managers and Security Investigators. Develop playbooks/wikis/workflows to speed onboarding and improve response times. Participate as an on-call Incident Manager and drive the resolution of security and privacy incidents.
If you thrive in a culture that is highly customer oriented, then this is a great place for you! You will be working in a close team-oriented environment on rapid iterations to deliver solutions for multiple products/services and at incredible scale. You will have the opportunity to develop shared goals that support win/win results for both our customers and a diverse set product groups across the company.
We are experiencing unprecedented business growth so if you are motivated by the challenge of using your skills & knowledge to help protect over a billion people worldwide, come join us!
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field -or- equivalent on-the-job experience
- 2+ years' experience in the security domain or cloud services
- Previous experience in any of the following: identity systems, threat intelligence, fraud, abuse
- Outstanding math and statistics skills with demonstrated applied machine learning and/or analytics experience
- An ability to drive good decisions through data with great attention to detail and excellent logical problem-solving skills
- Experience with rapid prototyping, evaluation, and iterative improvemen
- Strong communication skills with a proven bias towards collaboration and teamwork
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.