|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Digital Safety Office’s mission is to empower every person to have safe and trusted digital experiences across Microsoft products and services. The team’s primary objectives are:
- Shape global policy and emerging legal frameworks related to digital safety by engaging with industry, government, and civil society
- Mitigate digital risk by enabling Microsoft's compliance with legal obligations and voluntary commitments to remove or otherwise manage illegal and harmful online content
- Develop and maintain product and content safety policies for Microsoft’s products and services
- Integrate safety by design into Microsoft product and services by engaging with engineering and business groups
We are seeking an outstanding Policy Manager to join our Digital Safety team. As a Policy Manager, you will play a key role in working internally with Microsoft product teams to define, enforce, and communicate our stance on illegal and harmful user-generated content, including illegal child sexual exploitation and abuse imagery across our products and services. This is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic team on critical issues of company-wide and international importance.
- Research, draft, implement, and regularly iterate on Microsoft’s internal policies to ensure they reflect the Company’s values, principles and commitments
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Microsoft to develop coherent and principled safety policies and processes applicable to unique services
- Be the policy owner for a specific product area. Own the relationship with key product stakeholders and own communication with product teams
- Research, draft, and publish product specific policies
- Work closely with engineering and operations teams across Microsoft to identify and mitigate digital safety risks and further the Company’s digital safety mission and goals
- Resolve and document unique policy issues and serve as an initial point of escalation for policy concerns from internal stakeholders
- Develop subject matter expertise on the use of online services to distribute illegal child sexual exploitation and abuse imagery and to facilitate child online grooming for sexual purposes
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in strategic program or project management in the technology industry
- Experience drafting, reviewing, and/or enforcing safety and content policies preferably at a technology or social media company
- Understanding of global digital safety trends and landscape
- Ability to create clarity through written work
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.