|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
OneDrive is looking for a Principal Software Engineer who is passionate about improving and creating delightful and highly performant web experiences. In this role you will be working to build a photos-first experience for OneDrive.
OneDrive is a rapidly-growing service at the center of Microsoft's cloud, reaching almost every part of the company. Hundreds of millions of people depend on OneDrive to store their most important files for work, home, and school. We are a diverse team of developers, creatives, data scientists and program managers delivering a full spectrum of software and services from incubation and envisioning right through to software development, customer delivery and service operations.
Working with a team of talented engineers, you will be responsible for driving the development of major features in a multi-faceted application. You enjoy developing engineering best-practices and mentoring other engineers. You will collaborate with project managers, data scientists, designers and other engineers to gather requirements and inform your feature design. You independently develop all layers of an application, including user interface, core business logic, embedded database and cloud service integration. You are comfortable having your code reviewed and reviewing the code of others. You know how to strike a balance between performance, quality, and speed of development.
- 15+ years of experience shipping production services or client software
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of C++, C#, Python, Go or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of React experience
- Knowledge of Typescript and/or epxerience with front-end development
- Experience integrating with cloud services
- Experience resolving build infrastructure issues
- Experience handling media data such as images or videos
- Basic understanding of SQL-like database
- Amateur photographer / fan of photography / photos enthusiast
- Strong understanding of Git
- Excellent debugging skills
- Passion for crafting elegant code
- Highly self-motivated and independent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.